Border crossing with no Passport?

Broncodawg

Reaction
Bud wants to come down for the Mil and may not have time to get passport.
Can you still cross without one, or.......? Thanks,

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
No one is stopping anyone from going in to Mexico!!! Entering into the US you will need it.

danzar

Reaction
you can pay extra for an "express" passport, it gets the process done a lot quicker, not sure of the details, it has been a long time since I got mine.

tcm glx

Reaction
Express passports get you swuared away like in 3-5 days, he should still have plenty of time to get it!

Baja Fool

Reaction
To return to the U.S., you need a valid passport or a valid passport card. Both may be applied for through you local U.S. post office. The new wallet-size U.S. Passport Card is a travel document that can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. Note that it cannot be used for international air travel.

Good Luck!

jacko619

Reaction
i have crossed many times without one, i applied about a month ago and they let u cross with ID and the application.

3G RACING

Reaction
I don't know how to tell you guys but.....

In the Mexicali / calexico port of entry, you do not need a passport.

You do need a valid ID and copy of a birth certificate.

Believe me, I cross almost every day to caliente and they never give me any problems. And I don't have a passport and I was born in Mexico.

But my inglish is good as hell!! Lol

Hope this helps!

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
I left mine at my house in Las Vegas about 6 weeks ago and crossed in car. I told them that I lost it down there. The guy asked me a few questions and then I was on my way. You can get an express passport as fast as a day. It just depends how much you want to spend. To have it in a day you will spend $320 including the U.S. fees. Do a google search typing in "fast passports". They are all pretty good to use and you do it all through Fed Ex.

idealer

Reaction
I go down once a month, and we always bring people without passports no big deal...

harleys dad

Reaction
It is no problem, I told them I forgot you needed one and had no problem what so ever comming back in to the USA with out a pass port, I came back across about 3 weeks ago. Dont sweat it, I have came back across 4 times since the mandatory? passport was required?

Tundranation

Reaction
I don't know how to tell you guys but.....

In the Mexicali / calexico port of entry, you do not need a passport.

You do need a valid ID and copy of a birth certificate.

Believe me, I cross almost every day to caliente and they never give me any problems. And I don't have a passport and I was born in Mexico.

But my inglish is good as hell!! Lol

Hope this helps!

yea but you are the Mayor of Calexico of course you don't need one !! hahahahahaha :D

MarkAcunaOffRoad

Reaction
My dad applied for his two weeks ago and paid to have it "rushed/expressed" and it still hasn't come in...they told him he would get it no sooner than 2 weeks and would take no longer than 3 weeks...tick tock tick tock...

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
My dad ordered his months ago and hasn't received it. For some reason, he had to resubmit paperwork and other forms of ID because he used to live out of the country (navy kid). I told him not to worry about it if he has his application and DL.

Tony.Lozano

Reaction
yea you can still cross back to the US if you dont have a passport.

as long as u have a drivers license and look really american. . . :p

but really, they just ask you a couple questions and a pat in the back telling you to take your passport with you next time.

they're trying to look death serious saying that you wont be able to cross back to the us without a passport,, but i mean come on, its your country you CAN go back even with no documentation, you'll be stuck there a couple hours but you'll get home :p

HI_DEZ_DAVE

Reaction
A week before this years Baja 500, I went to the Federal Building in L.A. by appointment made online a couple of days earlier. Applied on thursday, passport in hand the next tuesday, racing in Baja that saturday. No worries....I had to drive to L.A. twice, but that was the price of procrastinating, also did'nt have to pay for expedited (sp) service.

Last edited:

rickf

Reaction
If you don't have a passport, having a photo i.d. (driver's license) and a original birth certificate can speed things up. The B.P. have to run (supposed to) your information if you don't have a passport. There is a drop-dead date coming though, can't remember when it is.

mcidge

Reaction
Last time i crossed to Mexicali, they didn't even check my passport going in. We had them and offered but they didn't seem to care. Checked going out though.