Border crossing with no Passport?

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
getting a tourist card is the key thing. some car insurance won't be valid if you don't have a tourist card, FM-T.

1Rudy

Reaction
And just a heads up: make sure you have some form of documentation for all vehicles- pre runners, bikes, quads, race cars to prove you own it. We just got back and got a lesson in this both going in and coming back across. They also checked the trailer registrations. We have been going for a while, several times a year and never got questioned going into Baja, this trip they required doc.s for all vehicles and manifests assigning the driver of each vehicle to be legally in receipt of all of the above. Good luck, Baja is changing...

Baja Fool

Reaction
Some may want to roll down with only their driver's license, your choice. For me, I HATE the border crossings in Baja and knowing I have the correct docs can only help me get through that mess in a more timely fashion. Besides, all it takes is one Border guy that is having a bad day and decide you're the one he's jam. Well, if he's gonna jam me it won't be because I don't have my docs wired right.

Also the guy who spoke about acquiring mexican auto insurance, do it. My truck was sideswiped by a bus at this year's 500 and I had my insurance. I had two sets of metro cops and the federales show up and the first thing they wanted to see was my insurance policy.....Baja is changing.

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Reaction
Get the insurance it will save lots of time and will keep you out of jail...........