Border crossing

MikeLeung

Reaction
So what does everybody think the border crossing we be like after San Felipe. Thats assuming that will be even able to cross. I've heard that if America goes to war...the border will be shut down.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Even after 9/11 the border was still open but, with very long delays. I would consider that period in history to be the highest state of alert and paranoia. There also seems to be an indication that Iraq will not be attacked 'till 3/17, which is Monday. I think a lot of us will corss on Sunday the 16th.

PJCinLV

SORS

Reaction
Myself and Tim Hayosh crossed the border right after the first bombs droped in Afganistan. We did not even know untill we got to Yuma. I do not think they will close the border. I of cource will be going home on Saturday night, now that home is only 7 miles from the arches!

See you all in San Felipe.....

Kenneth
See Ya N Baja

sirhk100

Reaction
Well, if I get to the border on Sunday and they're not letting us come back, BUMMER!!!! I guess I'll have to turn around and go back to San Felipe!!! All those spring break kids will be stuck down there too!!! Their parents will wire them more $$$ I'll find an ATM and let the party continue... Hell maybe we can convince the racers who's vehicles survived to do some showboating or something!!! LET THE PARTY CONTINUE IF THE BORDER CLOSES!!!

God Bless Our Troops over there fighting for America's interest!!!!!

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

Tom_Willis

Reaction
just be absolutely sure your driver's license, registration, all that stuff is current and that you still look like the guy in the photo. Should be no problem.

I live my life one paycheck at a time

Dillon

Reaction
Just as a forwarning to you all, national defense will be bumped up a couple notches (dunno bout that stupid color thing tho) when the war kicks off. Don't think the troops overseas will be the only ones doing the work, we got word today in AWACS today that they are spinning up a bunch of crews for Noble Eagle (homeland defense) and alert crews are getting less prep time. Just a heads up for those that might be traveling out of country.

mustafa

Reaction
FYI - I pulled this from www.sanfelipe.com.mx

/26/03 Emergency Plans: It has been reported that if there is a red alert, the Mexico and Canadian borders will be sealed,
possibly for many days. Any people coming to San Felipe (or, indeed, to anywhere in Baja) need to have an emergency plan for
dealing with this situation - going to medical appointments, travel plans, returning from weekend vacations in San Felipe etc.
People resident in the US will be required to have complete documentation to cross border - passports and vehicle registrations,
proof of US residency (e.g elec and telephone bills.....). people not resident in USA will likely be refused entry even if US
Citizens.

We'll be leaving tomorrow for Pete's Camp. Look for the fat guy on the XR at spot 79 or 80 and we'll have some beers.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya I am sure with a prerunner we can find a way back across if we need to :)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

desertratt

Reaction
i am with stuckthrottle, continuing the party in san felipe sounds good to me ! i need a real vaction any way!

drive fast and take chances!!

jeff

Reaction
I always need a post-vacation after I "vacation" in Mexico. Haven't been on a Mexican "vacation" since the Baja 2000 when the stuff hit the fan before the 1/2 way point. I could go for a week in Loredo.

Aloha

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Well, San Felipe doesnt sound like a bad place to be stuck. Everybody pool your money together!!!!!! Buy a taco cart.......Good luck to everyone this weekend.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.socalmotocross.com/vtrracing//>Vtr Racing.com</A>

drtdevil93

Reaction
if you have an empty seat in your prerunner coming back from mexico you could give a ride to an illegal. coyotes are charging like 2200 per person right now. or you could take a whole van full and make a fortune!!!

erik

mgobaja

Reaction
Speaking of Coyotes, I have an employee who is trying to have his wife brought across and it is going to cost him $3000. He is a naturalized citizen and has been here without his wife for almost 15 years. But in the time he has worked for me I know he has frequently visited her and was always sending money to her and the kids.

Kbach66

Reaction
Come on fish...do the guy a favor and hook the guys wife up with a ride across the border in the piece. Imagine all the $$ you'd make, you could quit that job you've got and go back to normal life!