Border shut down. How to get back

11russell

Reaction
If the government shuts down the border are we stuck there till it opens back up? Or do they let American citizens back?

jon coleman

Reaction
good question, i would call your local representative, they will have a quick response....

crazyeye

Reaction
They can't deny American citizens re-entry.

vegasloki

Reaction
They can't deny American citizens re-entry.
I've been held for hours on a couple of different occasions though one was the ground crossing at Blaine and the other was LAX. As long as they're certain you are a US citizen they will eventually let you back in, if only to process your arrest.

If the port of entry is closed they won't be processing any entries. If the border is closed to traffic you won't be let back in because they won't be open. If you cross between ports you could be apprehended and held until your status is confirmed. There is also a chance you could be charged with illegal entry. Even if you are a citizen you have to enter through a port of entry. The vendors with stock returning will probably have the most difficult time even if the crossing is open for non commercial crossings.

The guy is mercurial. Unpredictable particularly under pressure. There's a good chance some of you will get stuck. He's committed and unless he finds a way to save face I'd reckon the border will close for a bit. If it were to stay closed for a few days the lines at nearly every auto plant would be severely disrupted. As much as I'd get a kick out of you MAGAs getting stuck in Baja for a few days missing work the overall impact to the border economy would be too great. Roger is a believer. He should reach out to Commandant Bone Spurs so you guys don't get stuck down there.

jon coleman

Reaction
I've been held for hours on a couple of different occasions though one was the ground crossing at Blaine and the other was LAX. As long as they're certain you are a US citizen they will eventually let you back in, if only to process your arrest.

If the port of entry is closed they won't be processing any entries. If the border is closed to traffic you won't be let back in because they won't be open. If you cross between ports you could be apprehended and held until your status is confirmed. There is also a chance you could be charged with illegal entry. Even if you are a citizen you have to enter through a port of entry. The vendors with stock returning will probably have the most difficult time even if the crossing is open for non commercial crossings.

The guy is mercurial. Unpredictable particularly under pressure. There's a good chance some of you will get stuck. He's committed and unless he finds a way to save face I'd reckon the border will close for a bit. If it were to stay closed for a few days the lines at nearly every auto plant would be severely disrupted. As much as I'd get a kick out of you MAGAs getting stuck in Baja for a few days missing work the overall impact to the border economy would be too great. Roger is a believer. He should reach out to Commandant Bone Spurs so you guys don't get stuck down there.
hmmmmmmm, name calling.real classy.sooooo, lottsa people gonna feel the pinch, money wise, oh well, loosing lottsa money is a motivating tool to get a handle on the OUT of control boarder.i say load up ALL caravaners & ship them to peloosi's district.

ThatSpaceMexican

Reaction
I got put in the CBP drunk tank once when the border was closed. They didn't like that i had come to the turnstile door. I wasn't aware they JUST shutdown, and probably the first time they were so diligent to close it. Long story short i got put in the holding cell and was probably their for 4 hours. I don't know cause they seized all my stuff. Got lucky cause we're family friends with the Supervisory CBP Officer (SCBPO) and he came down cause he saw they were processing me. Got let out right then and there. the CBP officer probably got a good reaming (at least by what i was told later on).

Moral of the story. Get yourself a man on the inside. Speeds up the crossing

vegasloki

Reaction
hmmmmmmm, name calling.real classy.sooooo, lottsa people gonna feel the pinch, money wise, oh well, loosing lottsa money is a motivating tool to get a handle on the OUT of control boarder.i say load up ALL caravaners & ship them to peloosi's district.
You ceded the moral high ground long ago. Save the victimhood hypocrisy. Suck it up snowflake. There will be the Sunday morning tweet storm in a few hours. It may give an indication of the odds of getting stuck. At this point it's likely someone may not be able to get over or may not to be able to get back. You guys may want to try calling Fox and Friends or Hannity and see if they can make a pitch not to close the border while you're down there for the race.

5280Ranger

Reaction
Save the victimhood hypocrisy. .
Well if that aint the pot callin the kettle black. By far the largest group of hypocrites I've ever witnessed, and I've been on this earth longer than most of you.

Honda48X

Reaction
Do like everyone else and climb over the wall or where there are no walls walk on in

BuzzChaser

Reaction
Can we just drive in reverse through the southbound Mexican manned entry points? If they stop us we just say “ees ok”

CMA GUMBY

Reaction
Ees ok only if you have your 4 way flashers on. Everything ees ok then.

43mod

Reaction
Wife safely moving South from Mexicali now. As long as there is cold beer and sun she supports Trump closing the border.

J BomBer

Reaction
Know the risks, if you’re down there and they shut it down you’re stuck until it opens.

jon coleman

Reaction
uncle, you win.oh, by the way, do you all lock the front door at night??, thought so.im a little tired , just took 2+ hr napp, was trying to watch neckcar, booooooooooring.mr excitement won .denny hamlin