BORE is not dead!!!!

djblakely

Reaction
BORE has been purchased by Allen Gerber.

Who is Allen Gerber? With the exception of 2008 Allen and Scott Gerber have raced with the BITD organization several years, Class 1000 champions in 2006. Gerber started his buggy racing career with BORE. Now with the demise of BORE, Allen has committed to buy the organization and the first race under his direction will be this fall at Wendover. Gerber says, "It is imperative to get the word out and to have participation or this endeavor will not last long. I just received some information that I needed from the BLM that will help to make this process happen. This is still in the infant stages and will be requiring much help from others." Allen has been involved with putting on motorcycle races in Utah for close to 30 years and is still very involved with that. Gerber states, " I do know what it takes to put races on and I am not going into this blind. I do want to involve M/C, ATV and Side by sides. My challenge will be to make it safe for all parties. Getting people hurt is not on my agenda. More information will follow."

Contact information;

Allen Gerber

801-380-9011 Cell - best number

ag@1geber.com - for now

Last edited:

Marley Racing

Reaction
Great news.

The crew from Marley Racing will plan to be there in Wendover this fall.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Way to go Allen may I make a request CHANGE THE NAME It's been boring since 1985 when the bug killer started the series.

D4D

Reaction
I have spoke to Allen a few times since my post in the other Utah thread. He is pretty committed to making BORE work and that is a good thing, lots of good stuff planned.

djblakely

Reaction
Allen has not been a RDC regular. He has just created his account and awaits being allowed to post. Someone may need to PM Klaus or Curtis to make it happen.

The name BORE..... Yes, Allen is aware that the name BORE is not a good choice for marketing abilities. He is considering a name change. I suggested Utah Desert Racers (U.D.R.). I already see the list of cow and utter jokes forming so that one maybe out.. If you have a name that might fit, post it up!

Bore 2010

Reaction
BORE is definitely not dead!!!
1. A name change will be coming - I need ideas for that.
2. Wendover is in the works for Sept 19th, 2009 - need ideas for that.
3. A new website will be checked into.
4. Watch the BORE website for additional information
5. Contact me at ag@1gerber.com with questions and ideas.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and ideas.
Allen

deathboxgrinder

Reaction
I've been anticipating the Gerbers to take this over for a couple years... glad to see them there. Glad to see them posting on RDC too! If you don't know the Gerbers they are legends of moto racing in Utah and BITD class 10 champs! BTW - If anyone is looking to race a Class 5 Unlimited, check out the classifieds - prepped and ready to race and in Provo.

Marley Racing

Reaction
Allen, glad to see you are getting things going again. Let me know if there is anything the crew from Marley Racing can do to assist. While I'm personally from Boston the rest of the crew is based out of the Salt Lake area and I'm sure you may know a few of them already as they are very involved in the Desert Foxes club. In fact Charlie, the current Foxes president, was out to help for the May race and you may also know Lee Smith, my crew chief and Steve Pitts & Fred Roberts my co-drivers.

Looking forward to September!

Allen

Cameron

Reaction
Glad to see BORE is not dead.
With some good marketing I think it should grow, there hasn't been any marketing in the last 5 to six years.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
Yay! BORE is back.

If you need website stuff, let me know, be doing it as a hobby for almost 7 years now. Let us know what we can do to help in any way! :D:D:D

Last edited:

Bore 2010

Reaction
Been taking a hiatus from racing since V2R 07. Our class one is being prepped (and widened to 2 seat stauts) as we speak. Don and Red at MD are doing a great job in updating the car. if things go right, we should be at V2R 09. Guys that want to help send me EMAILS please. Thanks Allen

richard cretsinger

Reaction
thats a relief, i was worried that BORE was going down. i think a good idea is to personally call or contact in some way all the previous racers to let them know that this has been done and that you would like them to keep racing with us. i know that alot of them do not keep up on race dezert and would want to know. Dirt bikes and utvs would be a great way to make BORE alot more fun.

Matt Stevens

Reaction

Allen
Why does a race org. have to be the initials for something why cant it just have a name like El Dorado or Grit ?

Bore 2010

Reaction
I guess I owe the good folks at BORE an apology! I had a tense phone call from Jake (one of the BORE owners) last night regarding postings on this forum stating I has purchased BORE. I THOUGHT I had purchased BORE. When In fact the purchase is not final because they have not recieved payment from me. This is true. Early this week Jake and I had a VERBAL agreement that I would purchase BORE. The price was set. He talked with his partners and it was agreed upon. I told Jake I would send him a check in the next couple of days. Jake called back the next day to inform me he was upset that Jackpot and Ely were to far gone to make the races happen. He asked me if I was OK with that. I told him I was disappointed, but that might work better for me in the long run as the race dates were coming up fast. Do we have a deal? I said yes and would send him a check in the next couple of days. I THOUGHT(my mistake) we were good to go!! I had several conversations with BORE reps. Talking about logistics and things like that. In the mean time DaveBlakely sent me an E-mail suggesting I look on this forum about comments of BORE going away and people wanting races in Utah. I looked. I tried to comment but since I was not a member I asked Dave to comment for me. he did. I got signed up and commented as soon as I could. I wanted to get the word out as fast as I could to let people know that there would be racing happening where BORE had decided to stop racing. I thought I was doing the right thing. I mean no disrespect to any of the BORE owners as I think very highly of them and have enjoyed my relationship with them. In fact I bought my first race car from Jake. It was and still is a great race car. thank you for that, Jake. Anyway the long and the short of it is this. I had a commitment from BORE to purchase them until I oversteps THEIR bounds py posting to early. It was a VERBAL AGREEMENT as Jake is in Colorado and I am in Utah and nothing was in writing at the time. I gathered my money and asked Jake's wife yesterday AM who to make the check out to and I would send it. She told me she would have Jake call me with that information that evening. In the mean time I offended Jake by posting in the forum and he is now talking to someone else. That is his perogative. Again I apologize to the BORE folks (great people by the way), I don't want any hard feelings, I apologize to the readers here for anouncing before payment was made. I hope the best for BORE and the new owners wheather it be me or someone else. I hope the organization continues to put on races (with or without me). I want to pursue putting on races in the future and would accept any suggestions from you racers that care. Again Jake, I meant no harm and hope we can still put a deal together. Jake said he is talking to the other interested party on Friday and will let me know. I will post the outcome of that meeting when I am informed. I just want to publicly apologize to any of the BORE owners that thought I was jumping the gun. BORE owners, I will respect your decision and hope our relationship will remain in tact. That is the most import thing to me right now. Let's go racing one way or another. Thank you, and thank you Sharon for all the help you have been giving me in this, (what I hope to be) transitional stage. Thanks again Allen Gerber

djblakely

Reaction
WOW! Who saw that coming?

Sorry, Jake and Roger I only pushed this because so much speculation was being had here on this forum. I had heard Allen had agreed to buy BORE so I emailed him the happenings here on RDC. I knew nothing of pending payment, as it was not my bussiness, as was how much Allen paid for BORE. One just does not ask those details. Regardless, that fact is all involved in this whole deal are only trying to promote the survival of BORE and races here in Utah's borders.

Dave Blakely