Boring Threads 2

URNOTFAST

Reaction
Thanks for all the feedback on my first thread. I figured instead of just your usual drivel, I would try to provoke some thought and some real interesting thoughts from you guys. I figured as in all threads, some people would call names and others would try to philosiphy, just a real simple thread kind of like comparing old football players to current players. I was reading a thread about safety in seats, and how much faster everybody is nowadays, and how much more dangerous it is. Maybe I am old, living in the past, but somehow, I just don't see that great of difference in danger. I would like to see more thought provoking and actual racing discussions. Even though we will probably always disagree. Thanks for the responses, Gruden Sizemore.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Thanks for all the feedback on my first thread. I figured instead of just your usual drivel, I would try to provoke some thought and some real interesting thoughts from you guys.
thank YOU for coming here and giving our lost souls some direction, and giving this forum some substance.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

URNOTFAST

Reaction
thank YOU for coming here and giving our lost souls some direction, and giving this forum some substance.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well lookee here...we got us some lost souls! Maybe its not some thought provoking threads we need, but some real old fashioned sermons on this here forum. I didn't know I was tapping into some troubled souls. And yes Mr. WickedGravityVideo, I can roll eyes and banter with the best. ~Gruden Sizemore

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Maybe I am old, living in the past, but somehow, I just don't see that great of difference in danger. I would like to see more thought provoking and actual racing discussions..
Hm. The danger is comparable, not much to argue about though.
The old days had: No GPS, No parker pumper ect ect. But also no where near the speed!
Today has: 6000 pound trucks with 800 horse ect ect And the modern Mexico that is extremely dangerous and scary!! :eek:
But the danger of today that scares me the most in this sport is that our Taxes pay "Public Servants" with the soul intent to close down our amazing sport!!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Hm. The danger is comparable, not much to argue about though.
The old days had: No GPS, No parker pumper ect ect. But also no where near the speed!
Today has: 6000 pound trucks with 800 horse ect ect And the modern Mexico that is extremely dangerous and scary!! :eek:
But the danger of today that scares me the most in this sport is that our Taxes pay "Public Servants" with the soul intent to close down our amazing sport!!
I fully agree .....to a point ,The G.P.S.,the tracker,the hans/D-cell,Larger tubes,better suspension ,better seats, knowing where to put said tubes etc,etc..But at a point speed is speed!!! for instance driving in to a brick wall at mach 10 will still probably kill you as opposed to mach 5...

yeffy

Reaction
i dont think racing got any safer or more dangerous over the years. with speed came saftey technology. you just know about all the bad stuff that happens through the internet, cell phones, and tv now. my pops has some stories from 30 years ago that rival todays horror stories.