Box van etc........

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Ashcraft Racing Box van stolen last night from our building In Vista ca. Its an F350 with 16ft box. Used to be owned by Bills Pipes. It was loaded down with Tools, yamaha Generator, Miller mig welder, Misc parts and pieces for our Class 10 and TT. Also cargo conatiners broken into a honda ex400 Black and a Crf250 bike stolen. Will post pictures as soon as I can find some. It has Chase #s on it 1078 and 78. Also a few random Ashcrat Racing stickers. What a bummer!

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Bummer! How the hell did they manage that? Are you still running a 3rd shift?
We are 3 shifts a day Mon-fri. 1 shift on saturday. They had to go through 2 gates. Also disabled 3 security cameras. The Battery was dead in the Box van so they popped the hood one of my Chevy HDs Cut the battery out with bolt cutters and used that to jump start it. The more I write the more pissed off I get. We did get a glimpse of the Vehicle that got in. It was a Stepside 99-03 F150 dark color.

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Reaction
That's sucks.......Hope you get your stuff back....We'll keep eye out here in Arizona

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Fingerprints on the hd? effn thieves, I hope they get caught!
Yeah the officers that came collected the cut locks and a few other items. They didnt seem too interested in dusting for prints. Guess its not like CSI on Tv. lol

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Ill keep an eye out in OC area. That sucks I bet they knew what was in the van seems like they knew exactly when to strike. Thieves should have their hands cut off like in foreign nations.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Yeah the officers that came collected the cut locks and a few other items. They didnt seem too interested in dusting for prints. Guess its not like CSI on Tv. lol
No, it's definitely not like on CSI.... I hate having to tell people that when I go out to their houses. Good prints in the field are nearly impossible to lift without really good equipment, training, and lots of practice - NONE of which most beat cops get.

The good thing is they did take the cut locks etc because in a lab setting, they might be able to get some good prints - Then all you gotta hope is that they don't belong to legit people (people who are supposed to have prints on the locks) and that they can match the prints to someone in the system already.

The best thing you can do is exactly this - Hey everyone, if you see some crap-bag selling my stuff, he's a crap-bag..... Greedy thieving bash-turds..... Thieves SUCK!

Insurance doesn't even begin to deal with the hassle of replacing everything, but sounds like you guys did everything right. And the good news is that the more preventative measures you have in place, the better the odds the criminal a-holes will eff up and get caught (IE: Getting their truck seen on camera before disabling the other ones....)

Sorry for the hassle - Here's hoping to swift kicks in the nuts ....... I mean "swift justice" for the thieves when they get caught....

Shaggy

Reaction
No, it's definitely not like on CSI.... I hate having to tell people that when I go out to their houses. Good prints in the field are nearly impossible to lift without really good equipment, training, and lots of practice - NONE of which most beat cops get.

The good thing is they did take the cut locks etc because in a lab setting, they might be able to get some good prints - Then all you gotta hope is that they don't belong to legit people (people who are supposed to have prints on the locks) and that they can match the prints to someone in the system already.

The best thing you can do is exactly this - Hey everyone, if you see some crap-bag selling my stuff, he's a crap-bag..... Greedy thieving bash-turds..... Thieves SUCK!

Insurance doesn't even begin to deal with the hassle of replacing everything, but sounds like you guys did everything right. And the good news is that the more preventative measures you have in place, the better the odds the criminal a-holes will eff up and get caught (IE: Getting their truck seen on camera before disabling the other ones....)

Sorry for the hassle - Here's hoping to swift kicks in the nuts ....... I mean "swift justice" for the thieves when they get caught....

I'll second that. Trying to find prints outside sometimes is like a needle in the haystack.

If you come across a picture of the van, email it to me and I'll pass it out at work.

Mark

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
i will be on the lookout in this area adam sorry about the loss with this community they scumbags will be found

norris1040

Reaction
sorry to hear that will keep an eye out up this way if any way possible could you give some sort of list of what kind of parts so we can look around ebay pennysaver and ads like these to see if someone is trying to off the parts

RyanWiW

Reaction
Definately sounds like they knew how to get in, what steps to take to not get caught, and what exactly to steal... Fired or laid of any employees recently? What a bummer, stuff like this makes my blood boil!!

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Adam,

Keep in mind the deputies who initially responded will do only a cursory investigation and then the case will be assigned to a detective who will be responsible for any follow-up.

As stated before, it sounds like either someone had inside info regarding the security systems or they spent some time conducting surveillance beforehand. Hopefully we can help you get your stuff back.

Was my dump can in the box van? j/k ;)

steelman

Reaction
Definately sounds like they knew how to get in, what steps to take to not get caught, and what exactly to steal... Fired or laid of any employees recently? What a bummer, stuff like this makes my blood boil!!
We had the exact situation, fired three guys, two weeks later break in at our fab shop. We turned over their names to the Dounut Patrol and found 80% of our tools. I guess the Lo-Jack in the welding machines paid off!! I hope you find your stuff.

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Well We got a call last night from a local business owner in Carlsbad. He said our Van sitting out in front of his shop. He contacted Carlsbad PD To notify them. Their response was it was on Private property and there was nothing they could do. He saw one of our pit books on the floor board. So he went into the truck and found our contact info. I imeadiatly went to the truck and waited for a couple hours for local authorities to respond. It took a reaming from my brother to have the PD respond. The officers that came dusted the truck for hours. They came up with some prints so hopefully these guys get caught. They took everything of value from the truck ie tools welder generater. But the main thing is we got the truck back. Now all we need is a couple of quads, a motorcycle and some cobra seats for our race truck.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Well We got a call last night from a local business owner in Carlsbad. He said our Van sitting out in front of his shop. He contacted Carlsbad PD To notify them. Their response was it was on Private property and there was nothing they could do. He saw one of our pit books on the floor board. So he went into the truck and found our contact info. I imeadiatly went to the truck and waited for a couple hours for local authorities to respond. It took a reaming from my brother to have the PD respond. The officers that came dusted the truck for hours. They came up with some prints so hopefully these guys get caught. They took everything of value from the truck ie tools welder generater. But the main thing is we got the truck back. Now all we need is a couple of quads, a motorcycle and some cobra seats for our race truck.
Well....kind of good news. Hope these punks get what's coming to them!! :mad: