• Forum membership has its advantages....

Boycott Gas Station in Fallon

y2kbaja

Thanks for the bump and the reminder. This is a big deal!

BCGIrish

Did some research and it looks like 2007 5% of Sand Mountain was closed for the Blue Butterflys. The Fallon Paiute Shoshone Tribe was one of the investors paying for the research and land closures. That is the most recent information I have on this.

Why Sand Mountain is important.

A long time ago, a giant serpent left the Walker River and burrowed into the land. Today, that serpent still lies in the ground, creating what many call Sand Mountain.

This story and the serpent’s resting place have special meaning in the culture of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe.

y2kbaja

It's a very inviting looking gas station on the north side of the highway as you leave town for the SF. DON'T STOP THERE AND DON'T PATRONIZE THEM!

LoveZRaces

Good Call Troy, it does look inviting.... Until you know the truth of it!
Might want to get this posted on the VORRA forum!

ColoradoZQ8

Did some research and it looks like 2007 5% of Sand Mountain was closed for the Blue Butterflys. The Fallon Paiute Shoshone Tribe was one of the investors paying for the research and land closures. That is the most recent information I have on this.

Why Sand Mountain is important.

A long time ago, a giant serpent left the Walker River and burrowed into the land. Today, that serpent still lies in the ground, creating what many call Sand Mountain.

This story and the serpent’s resting place have special meaning in the culture of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe.
That is insane, That's not even a good reason to close it. Why don't we stop global trade because people use to think the earth was flat while we're at it?

y2kbaja

Fallon 250 is coming up, I just wanted to BUMP this thread.

slvrbck

Good bump. I tell people all the time that come thru Fallon not to stop there. There is also another Fox Peak Station outside of Fernley now, steer clear of that one too.