Brake Loss

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Randam question that I'm not sure can be answered here, but my friend and I were just leaving school and the brakes went out. Pedal to the floor and no response. We had to pull the e-brake to get the car to a stop before it hit a new BMW. My question is what could cause this? All the brake lines looked intact and there was no leaks under the car. Oh yeah, it is a 2001 Lexus GS 430 if that helps.

I know there are probably a lot of causes, just was wondering what some of them were. Thanks.

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

michael_loomis

Reaction
did it just happen once Trav ? maybe during turning , you guys hit a bump and caused the caliper to touch the suspension ?

maybe my buddies after you cause you spilt your drink on him at Club Deco !! lol

ntsqd

Reaction
M/C leaking into the booster
ABS Malfunction
Hardline split somewhere
Caliper seals leaking
bleedscrew(s) open
Booster malfunction

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

BlueCoyote

Reaction
Did it happen just once?
Did the brakes work afterward?
My wifes 02 Celica had an onging issue of no brakes - pedal would go to the floor. But it was intermitant - POS dealer said no issue - but that is another long story.

Who are you calling Coyote ugly?
84 Toyota p/u Rokrawlr
86 4rnr
84 Toyota 7s Project

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
This is the first time it happened. The brakes refused to work after it happened as well. Had to get it towed back to the dealership.

FABRICATOR

Reaction
LMAO!

<font color=blue>"A Ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for"</font color=blue>

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I really don't hope you are laughing because my buddy lost his brakes and almost crashed into a BMW because I don't see what is so funny.

If you are laughing at Fish and Michael, well then excuse me, and I'll join you in a laugh!

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Join me Jr, as you can see, I was referring to Fish's comment.

<font color=blue>"A Ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for"</font color=blue>