• Forum membership has its advantages....

Brakes

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I am having a little problem with my brakes and was wondering if anybody had any tips. I am building a Ford Ranger and installed an all new brake system on the truck. I have the CNC dual master cylinders pedal set up, I have the stock calibers up front and explorer calibers on the back and I made all new lines. I have bled the entire system several times and still I am getting no pedal. I have checked all the lines for leaks and can't see anything. If anyone has any suggestions to help me with my brake problem I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

jarreptolson

I am not sure if this is similar on fords, but when we were rebuilding the front end on my cousin's charger(Mopar) the calipers can interchange from passenger to drivers side. The problem with this is that the bleeder valve is at the bottom of the caliper if you have them mounted on the wrong side, so you shoot all the fluid and it seems as though its bleeding right but the air remains on top. We tried bleeding the system and still no pedal until we realized the problem. So look at the calipers and that might be the answer, or it might not.

Klaus

Administrator
sounds like a rookie mistake...reminds me of my boy Paul and me redoing the front end of his ElCamino a couple of years back when I reversed left with right and we could not get any pedal....in our defense we worked 40+hours straight on it...sleeping in the shop and living from one pizza delivery to the next...just to get it done on one of those 3 day weekends.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Thanks guys for the info. I hope thats the problem cause I don't know what else it could be. As soon as I get off work I'll check it out. I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Chris