Brand of Seat Belts?

WORCS332

Reaction
Which brand of seat belts should i use? Crow or Simpson. Crow is less expensive but ive heard that Simpson is better. What do you use or suggest?

NIKAL

Reaction
You get what you pay for! I use to run Simpson belts and they are a great belt. But then I switched to Impact Racing belts when Bill Simpson started that company. I really like the Impact belts. Also with Impact you can send them back and get them re-webbed and re-certified. None of the other companies will do that. Also Impact has a trade in deal, They will take any competitor belts and give you a discount on your new belts. Also they have been a great company to deal with. We asked for some changes on our belts and they did them for us, no problem. In 2003 my team was one of the first off-road teams to use their products except for Ryan Arciaro and they have been very helpfull and have asked us for our imput on how to make some of there products better for the off-road community.

http://www.impactraceproducts.com/default.wws

BTW Impact just came out with a new helmet visor that changes tint. It will be clear at night and changes to 4-5 diffreant shades of tint during the day depending on the light. I have not tried it yet so I cant say how well it works but it looks pretty good.

Last edited:

ShaneR

Reaction
Website
www.teamrobinson.com
If you are ever in Vegas you can come by the store and check out the IMPACT producst, we are a dealer and stock the belts and a bunch of there other stuff.
We are also a CROW dealer so you can compare the belts side by side and decide which is better for you.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Website
race-dezert.com
How do the Mastercraft belts compare to others? I personally bought the crows because that is what was in stock when I purchased them but the mastercrafts look very well built. I have not heard of the impact belts before. I will have to check them out.

ShaneR

Reaction
Website
www.teamrobinson.com
One cool thing on the IMPACT belts are all hardware like D rings and buckles are black and the belts stitching is a different color than the belt. Bad thing no color choices, black only with the yellow IMPACT lighting bolt and stitching. So if you like black cool if not? I will take a pic and post it in a couple minutes.

I have never used the MASTERCRAFT belts myself but I would assume they are as good of a product as their seats are.

NIKAL

Reaction
I could be wrong but I believe the Mastercraft belts are made by Crow for Mastercraft.

ShaneR get a close up picture of the webbing used by Impact. Its diffreant then any other belt. One reason its so differant is because Bill wanted something better then what the industry was already using. He was developing this before he left Simpson. He said one of the main reasons he left the company he started was the fact that the company lost focus and did not understand that they needed to keep up with technology. This belt has alot to do with Bills commitment to the racing world and because of Dale Sr. death. I was told all this by one of the main guys in the Impact Racing offices years ago.

ShaneR

Reaction
Website
www.teamrobinson.com
NIKAL, yeah the material is very different but I wasn't sure how to explain it other than it feels softer and doesn't get hard and stuck in place as easy as most belts do. When we became a dealer for IMPACT I was told the same things about Bill Simpson not happy with quality control and he couldn't do what he wanted as big as the company was so he started IMPACT and has released a bunch of new and improved products that are similar to SIMPSON.
Sorry no pic yet I sent it from my camera phone and it isn't on my email yet.

NIKAL

Reaction
Yes the Impact belts have a horizontal webbing. I was told the reason for this is it makes for a stronger belt. The belt webbing will not rip like what happend to Dale Sr, and it helps with the belts not coming loose as the webbing is suppost to grab the adjuster better. The only thing I have noticed about the Impact belts is that they have been hard to loosen up once they get full of silt and then get wet. Its usually not a problem until I needed to get out a change a tire one night and then trying to loosen the belts so I could get back in the seat was a problem. But thats the only thing and it has only happned twice maybe? At least I knew they were not coming off!

MH20

Reaction
Our trucks have all had the padded Crows in them, but I have really liked the Deist harnesses the several times I been in trucks with them. Much less bulky than the crows.

motoxscott

Reaction
I haven't ever had to look into any other brand than Crow. Fred there has always taken care of what ever we needed, answered our questions and they are a great company to work with.

- Scott @ Camburg

ShaneR

Reaction
Website
www.teamrobinson.com
Sorry it took so long to post pics and my camera phone isn't the best but here are some of the IMPACT belts.

Attachments

• ATT00079.jpg
    ATT00079.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 314
  • ATT00081.jpg
    ATT00081.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 290

baja619

Reaction
Website
www.fiberwerx.com
Yes the Impact belts have a horizontal webbing. I was told the reason for this is it makes for a stronger belt. The belt webbing will not rip like what happend to Dale Sr, and it helps with the belts not coming loose as the webbing is suppost to grab the adjuster better. The only thing I have noticed about the Impact belts is that they have been hard to loosen up once they get full of silt and then get wet. Its usually not a problem until I needed to get out a change a tire one night and then trying to loosen the belts so I could get back in the seat was a problem. But thats the only thing and it has only happned twice maybe? At least I knew they were not coming off!

I always loosen the harness on each belt, I can use my upper torso for leverage while pulling up on the piece that you pull the harness through. This way it is so much easier to get back in and buckled in a hurry. Then tighten while the driver has already taken off, and your like Oh ****!.

danzar

Reaction
We switched to the Impact belts before the 1000. They are great, they are more comfortable and do not come loose. Definately better than any others I have used.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Website
race-dezert.com
I stand corrected, I have checked out those belts before. They were in Albert Arcieros prerunner when I shot it not that long ago. They were cam locks and very nice looking.

Attachments

• belts.JPG
    belts.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 282
  • AAPrerunner.JPG
    AAPrerunner.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 269
  • interiorAA.JPG
    interiorAA.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 296

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
Reaction
Website
www.upr.com
If you can wait a month, Sparco will be releasing their new latch-link belt. The main difference will be in the slide adjusters on the shoulder and laps. The Sparco adjuster will allow the belt to slide easier, and it will not loosen as easy as the traditional adjusters that all of the brands mentioned in this thread use.
The price will be in the 120-140 range for a 5 point.
The difference in the feel of the belts talked about is most likely that some are Nylon and some are Polyester.

Second that!
Third that, you can't beat Fred and Dave's service.

ShaneR

Reaction
Website
www.teamrobinson.com
Most brands now offer the pull up version, I know Crow and Impact both have it. The new Sparco adjusters sound cool and I would love to see a pic of those!