BRAVO UTV RACERS - NOW WHAT???

Lucho

Incredible statistics:
  • The finishing ratio at the V2R = 51% in the UTV Classes. Wow!
  • Incredible UTVs being the largest class in BITD = 41% (I believe there were 110 UTVs) Wow!
  • Unfortunately, they still treat UTVs as an afterthought, even when you pay all the fees and costs, and house your team, fuel, feed them, ETC. You are still considered "Oh, those golf Karts."

Like Rodney Dangerfield, YOU GET NO RESPECT!

It's over. Not going to happen. At least not with us. The future is bright for UTVs and our effort to join all other Promoters and Racers into the PURE UTV INTERNATIONAL GROUP TM. But that's another "pump."

When you race in the PURE UTV OFF-ROAD DESERT SERIES TM you not only get all the respect in the world, but you are the only class of vehicles racing!...thus "PURE." No other vehicle to create dust before you pass them, just your competitors.

Join us at the September 29, Pure "150" @Dark20 (Night race for those of you from Rio Linda...jajaja)

1. The start of the race is at 8 p.m - Saturday.
  2. However, qualifying on the 3.6-mile course is at 11 a.m. for starting order. Pros start first. (Check out the course attached)
  3. Entries are open and you must be entered before qualifying
  4. Enter by 6 p.m., Friday, Sep 28 to pay the regular fee. After that is $100.00 (choke, choke)
  5. Paid entries will receive the course Google Earth files by Thursday, September 20
  6. Pre-running for paid entries begins Friday, Sep 21 to Sun Sep 23 ONLY!
  7. Pre-running is also on Friday, Sep 28 from Noon until ???
  8. NO PRE-RUNNING ON RACE DAY, SAT, SEP 29...EXCEPT FOR QUALIFYING AT 11 A.M.
  9. Refueling as always, inside the Pits at 25 mph speed limit. No special pits.

NOW FOR EVEN BETTER NEWS...
  • Mojave Misfits R/C has two off-road kits for the POINTS CHAMPIONS IN THE TRIPLE CROWN SERIES (A series within a series). This event is the final event of the Triple Series.
  • RACING ADDIX has posted $1500.00 for the top points champions in the Triple Series.
  • TERACHE TIRES is giving away a set of four tires to the FASTEST LAP of the event (not qualifying) in the race
  • AVE/BP RACING is awarding a $100.00 gift certificate for the Fastest Lap 10 in the event. It can be used for the final event of the PURE Series, October 27, THE "DOUBLE POINTS" PURE "300."
For more details, please visit: www.averacing.com

Attachments

Lucho

(As we went to press on Wed, Aug 22, we got the following addition to the NEWS. See below...(Meister Bros. Racing.)

NOW FOR EVEN BETTER NEWS...

• Mojave Misfits R/C has two off-road kits for the POINTS CHAMPIONS IN THE TRIPLE CROWN SERIES (A series within a series). This event is the final event of the Triple Series.
  • RACING ADDIX has posted $1500.00 for the top points champions in the Triple Series.
  • TERACHE TIRES is giving away a set of four tires to the FASTEST LAP of the event (not qualifying) in the race
  • AVE/BP RACING is awarding a $100.00 gift certificate for the Fastest Lap 10 in the event. It can be used for the final event of the PURE Series, October 27, THE "DOUBLE POINTS" PURE "300."
  • …) MEISTER BROS. RACING is posting $1,000.00 for Fastest Lap of the PURE 150

For more details, please visit: www.averacing.com

Attachments

BigBlue&Goldie

Do us a favor if you're going to keep posting this crap, please tell your Blue Light Brethren to let us "play through" when they see lights and hear horns. If you're as fast as you think you are and want the respect you feel you deserve, take the blue lights off or educate your drivers on safe driving.

Last edited:

DJ Jeffrey

There is no reason to be disrespectful to Lou for the actions of some of the racers you have been stuck behind. I hate getting stuck behind someone as much as you do but that has nothing to do with his post. Lou is bringing a very affordable and fun racing atmosphere to a racing area where no one else is racing. We need to show support to the sponsors and promoters that put their time and passion into our sport, whether it is something you are race or not. Lou, Lois, and their entire crew pour their heart and soul into their racing series! They offer a small and fun event for people affordably take their UTVs and race with a respectable competitive turnout for CHEAP compared to going to the larger races. AVE's races offer a cheap place for drivers to shake down their preps, get great seat time, race on a used prep before tearing it down for the next big race, etc. Please just show respect and support for the people in our sport who continue to work to the bone for what they love, and keep your comments pertaining to what you posted in the many threads dedicated to beating that dead horse.

Nessy

Uuuum didn't they take the blue lights off of the golf carts?

Do us a favor if you're going to keep posting this crap, please tell your Blue Light Brethren to let us "play through" when they see lights and hear horns. If you're as fast as you think you are and want the respect you feel you deserve, take the blue lights off or educate your drivers on safe driving.

Lucho

Thank you D.J. Well said and much appreciated. However, there are some who just hate life, no matter. Can't tell you how many people I've come upon and would not move, and they are often in the large trucks, Class 1, Class 8s, etc. But when you have the largest class in BITD and SCORE, paying the same entry as most classes, they deserve a bit of respect. But when it all comes down is what have you done lately. At V2R these UTVs had a 61% class finishing ratio. Show me one that it is equal or better. Good luck. Thanks again D.J. for the kind words.

Broncodawg

Where is the Sept. 29 Pure 150 Race going to be for those of us in the dark?
If its in Cal City area, need any flaggers? Good luck with this Series!

Baja Dad

are you always a DICK!?

If you are seeing the BLUE Light Brigade you must be having a $hI_ _ Y race

Keep up the good work LOU !!!!!!

cubed

I thought the overall group 2 finishing rate was around 62%? I did not check before posting but remembered 171 out of 274??
If so were the UTVs the same as everybody else or 10% worse?

Speedster

Math is a real struggle for some. I responded with ACTUAL stats in another thread that claimed UTVs were the "biggest class" at V2R.... Here they are again:
Vegas to Reno had a total of 359 starters and 234 finishers = 65% finished.
Total UTVs (consisting of four different classes) 108 starters and 65 finishers = 60% finish rate for the UTVs.
108 UTVs is 30% of 359 starters, and is impressive. However, that is not a class, and is certainly not 41% of the field! That would be like adding up all trucks from the different classes, and comparing that number to other divisions, like bikes, UTVs, or buggies.
Note that the biggest class was indeed a UTV class; UTV Turbo had 56 starters, and that is impressive. (16% of the field, for those that are still with me.)
The second biggest class was TT, with 42 starters.
I am not a UTV hater. In fact, I own one and enjoy it. I also appreciate Lucho for putting a UTV race / series together, Awesome dude! I can't imagine how much hard work and red-tape cutting it takes to put on an off-road race these days; thank you for doing it!
I just don't like miscalculated stats ;-)

johndjmix

UTV’s are really promoting our sport guys! I’ll stick to my trophylite but hey....Good stuff UTV guys!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Lucho

Where is the Sept. 29 Pure 150 Race going to be for those of us in the dark?
If it's in Cal City area, need any flaggers? Good luck with this Series!
CAN ALWAYS USE GOOD HELP. THE RACE STARTS AT 8 P.M. AND YES, WE WILL NEED HELP AT ONE OF THE ROAD CROSSINGS.
Thanks for reaching out. Contact me at lou@avearcing.com.