• Forum membership has its advantages....

Breaking News : BJ Baldwin involved in

green787

I just watched the Toyo Tires Desert invitational on Youtube..... BJ Baldwin got third place...!!!! I thought he did a great job....... I hope he gets the attention he deserves.... He's become quite the straight shooter lately.... :)

Last edited:

ekozy39

I just watched the Toyo Tires Desert invitational on Youtube..... BJ Baldwin got third place...!!!! I thought he did a great job..... I hope he gets the attention he deserves.... He's become quite the straight shooter lately.... :)
ohhh.. too soon!

MTPyle

I think he was referring to the Straight shooter comment. Haha

BJ was pretty impressive at the KOH T1 race. With a lower power 2wd truck he did amazing. Thats with him getting screwed in qualifying by catching Hustead. In my opinion if they are not going to allow a re run then they need to give more time between starts for qualifying. That was a bummer for BJ. Would he have done better in the race if he started further up the pack? I think so as he seemed to get behind a lot of slower trucks during the race.

Obviously Bryce can drive, I wonder how BJ would do in a truck like Bryce's?

Mike

Last edited:

michael.gonzalez

He, no doubt, has great driving skills, but his racing doesn't seem to reflect that.
That being said, driving is only one factor in racing.

aiiraciing

Its been a so long since hes won a race that his old trophys are "concealed" by dust

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Not to bust Toyota's balls in the least but how come around the exact time Toyota jumped on board the BJ train the finishing results & even finishing a race went into the proverbial crapper? I mean really the guy was on fire lands the monster thing $$ then shortly thereafter Toyota comes into his game $$$ poof lackluster performance what gives?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Not to bust Toyota's balls in the least but how come around the exact time Toyota jumped on board the BJ train the finishing results & even finishing a race went into the proverbial crapper? I mean really the guy was on fire lands the monster thing $$ then shortly thereafter Toyota comes into his game $$$ poof lackluster performance what gives?
Is anything on that TT actually made by Toyota besides the logo? Engine? (probably not)

sb4pro

Is anything on that TT actually made by Toyota besides the logo? Engine? (probably not)
BJ Baldwin’s Trophy Truck Specs:
  • Year built: 2016
  • Chassis: ID DESIGNS
  • Wheelbase: 124"
  • Weight: 6100LBS
  • Engine: V8 built by Kroyer Racing Engines
  • Front Suspension: Twin A-Arm
  • Front Travel: 26"
  • Rear Suspension: Triangulated 4-link
  • Rear Travel: 30"
  • Tires: 39X13.50X17
  • Steering: Sawgnall Steering Box
  • Brakes: Alcon 6 piston
  • Trans: Albins Sequential ST6
  • Top Speed: 145 MPH
  • Wheels: 17-in Method Race Wheels

Curtis Guise

Administrator
BJ Baldwin’s Trophy Truck Specs:
  • Year built: 2016
  • Chassis: ID DESIGNS
  • Wheelbase: 124"
  • Weight: 6100LBS
  • Engine: V8 built by Kroyer Racing Engines
  • Front Suspension: Twin A-Arm
  • Front Travel: 26"
  • Rear Suspension: Triangulated 4-link
  • Rear Travel: 30"
  • Tires: 39X13.50X17
  • Steering: Sawgnall Steering Box
  • Brakes: Alcon 6 piston
  • Trans: Albins Sequential ST6
  • Top Speed: 145 MPH
  • Wheels: 17-in Method Race Wheels
Yep so Toyota's are perfectly fine! LOL

green787

I really think if BJ had a new Mason truck or something like it, and big huge pat on the back, he would be a reliable front runner....

OFFRD-JNKIE

I think BJ's lackluster success in recent years in the desert is due to some shop issues along with him not dedicating the time to the program he had in the past. He has said himself that it's time to get back to business.