Brenthel chase truck

robertharman

Reaction
Want to thank Brenthall for having there chase trucks so well marked. Made it easy to figure out who was coming head to us on the highway near Vizcayano. Co driver and I thought we were going to have to bail off the highway to keep from being a statistic. If I were you I would invite that driver to not return to you're team.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Mxrider99

Reaction
But you are alive, and you didn't bail off the highway? Jonathan and his guys are top notch people. His phone number is readily available. This thread is stupid and not necessary. Get ahold of them and talk it personally through with them. We all know people make dumb mistakes, no need for public name and shame.

robertharman

Reaction
Really, since it didn't end in an accident I should just brush it off. No harm, no foul! Maybe he doesn't know that his chase truck driver put his equipment and other people in danger. If he doesn't know, he should.

Mxrider99

Reaction
Do you go on here and post about it every time a near miss happens in california? No, But since the truck had a name you feel the need to make them look incompetent. Every day driving in vegas i have a near miss, I don't rush to RDC to publically name and shame them.... Your right, if he doesnt know, he should. Call him, Email him, Text him, He is EASY to get ahold of....

robertharman

Reaction
Why would I post on here every time I see a near miss? This was race related and this is a race forum.

Reaction
I agree Mxrider99, the Brenthels are very top notch. I guess there "well marked trucks" weren't easy to find agian. So he had no other choice but to vet on line...

Last edited:

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Glad to hear everything turned out alright. The Brenthel boys are really good guys and I am sure will address this when they return. Could be a new crew member acting a fool or an old one that wasn't being too safe. Everyone be safe down there.

robertharman

Reaction
Glad to hear everything turned out alright. The Brenthel boys are really good guys and I am sure will address this when they return. Could be a new crew member acting a fool or an old one that wasn't being too safe. Everyone be safe down there.
Completely agree with you john. Not taking anything away from the team or the man. I have had people on our team who were not invited back. Just bringing light to a situation that could have easily been fatal.

mexracer10

Reaction
Any and all race related vehicles should always be held to a much higher standard than regular traffic. If it were my team getting called out on here, I would make sure that driver will be addressed accordingly. If we do not police ourselves, then who will. Same goes for cleaning up your trash!!!!!!!!

blue dog

Reaction
Out em all on here. I have had 3 close calls because of jackwagon chase truck drivers on the one highway over the last 10 years.
2 many drunks and bad drivers to begin with, and then to have to deal with chase truck's that think they are in a race at the cost of other drivers. Speeding, passing on blind corners, running the highway with hid's on, flying 100 mph with a trailer on a road that is super thin to begin with idiots.
Good on you Roberttharman for posting. Be safe out there guys, more dangerous on the 1 then on the race course.

idealer

Reaction
I drive one of those chase trucks often and we have plenty of experience and barely ever even make any highway passes unless safe and controlled. Very Professional Team this post is BS. Like another poster said talk to Jonathan or Jordan I am sure they will get to the bottom of it if it was something they need to deal with...

dirtslinger

Reaction
Not bashing the team at all, chase guy was heading down the middle of the hwy, didn't move over until we had to brake to 10mph, then he cut back over, if we didn't brake we all would have been a statistic. Getting home is our first priority.

Sheaco

Reaction
I was nearly taken out going down the hallway NO HORN, no warning, no lights . Apparently My 8 year old son caught My two year old daughter just before the corner, so he laid a bumper on Her and She rabbited on Him. good thing for Me I had a bedroom to dive into. I'm not playing the Name/Blame/Shame game but I know where they sleep. LMAO

Chaplain

God Dude
Reaction
Any and all race related vehicles should always be held to a much higher standard than regular traffic. If it were my team getting called out on here, I would make sure that driver will be addressed accordingly. If we do not police ourselves, then who will. Same goes for cleaning up your trash!!!!!!!!
I AGREE, we got to keep each other accountable! I've been ran off the road and parked a number of times over the years by big name "professional teams" and have made way too many hospital visits as a result of chasers racing. PLEASE PLEASE drive safe on the chase roads.
If I'm driving like an idiot, call me out in person or on here.

craigincali

Reaction
first off everyone always says If you see chase trucks doing stupid / unsafe stuff call them out. There are numerous posts about it. So this guy is calling them out. Yeah the Brenthel guys are good guys, no one is saying otherwise. Someone on their chase team is / maybe a danger. You guys giving OP crap for posting this are hypocrites.

Don't do it on a public forum,,,this is where he should do it and follow it up with a phone call. We need to police ourselves we are each others own worse enemies at times.