Brett Favre Coming Back?!

b_fantasyoffroadracing

Reaction
Brett Favre is coming back - or at least making an attempt to come back?! WTF! :eek: This is unreal! Come on Brett - walk away from the game. Didnt we just go through all of this about a decade ago with Michael Jordan?

Retire - Come back -- Retire -- Comeback....

Emmit Smith - Should have walked away
Joe Montana - Should have walked away

Brett Favre - NEEDS to walk away!

michael_loomis

Reaction
I think you guys are way too hard on these athletes who come out of retirement.

Can you imagine only living one thing from the time you are a kid till you reach 40 something? These guys have eaten, dranken, and slept there pro sport since they started being educated.. and their supposed to just shut it down and walk away?

I couldn't do it that easily either...

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
I think you guys are way too hard on these athletes who come out of retirement.

Can you imagine only living one thing from the time you are a kid till you reach 40 something? These guys have eaten, dranken, and slept there pro sport since they started being educated.. and their supposed to just shut it down and walk away?

I couldn't do it that easily either...

Kinda like rubbing one out on a daily basis til you turn 40 and then just stop cold turkey, that would be hard!

michael_loomis

Reaction
Exactly Josh!

It just wouldn't happen until you didn't have arms anymore! :D

Hayward Racing

Reaction
If you give Brett a decent O-Line and Adrian Peterson the NFC north is in trouble!

07FJRog

Reaction
Go Bears!! where's Ditka? lol

kwood

I'm a believer
Reaction
It was just reported that the vikings aren't going to sign him.

NFL offseason rituals include the draft, signing free agents, mini camps and brett favre unretiring. It is just part of the offseason now haha

Hayward Racing

Reaction
If he did sign with Minn he would be completely abandoning his ties to GB. They offered him post playing front office position totaling 20+mil which I assume would have been taken off the table.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Reportedly, Brett Favre has informed Minnesota coach Brad Childress that he won't come out of retirement.

what a joke here we go again lol

b_fantasyoffroadracing

Reaction
Reportedly, Brett Favre has informed Minnesota coach Brad Childress that he won't come out of retirement.

what a joke here we go again lol

Yup... and sadly it will be June or July when he decides that he wants to play again... Its a never ending saga... Mike & Mike stated the same thing... They will be in training camp and the tractor just wont be good enough for ol' Brett -

I did just see on ESPN that his Shoulder X-Rays were submitted to Minnesota...

Ryno

Reaction
This has been said before. Loomis has it right. Can't quit something you are/were the best at over 17 years. Take our love for the desert, grow up with it, then take it away after you lived for it every day. Not easy.

Minnesota was an option because of the offensive coordinator. He and Favre are old friends. Favre also has a great distaste for Ted Thompson, GM in Green Bay. Favre was originally brought to Green Bay by Ron Wolfe, then Wolfe got him the sweetheart deal with the Jets, to opt out after one year. He loves Green Bay, but hates the GM there.

Talk to every reciever that has played with him, they all say the same thing....He throws so hard, you're gonna break a couple fingers at some point. Nobody else has started the # of consecutive games he has...Nobody.

b_fantasyoffroadracing

Reaction
Heard on ESPN Radio that if the ortho surgeon tells Brett what he wants to hear - he IS playin for the Vikings...