Bring this short course back......

dnf736

Reaction
MTEG Off Road Show.

We've got a full schedule.

Quads, Elites, UTV, single buggy, and Pro Lites....could work.

[video=youtube;1h-Na_WilSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h-Na_WilSQ[/video]

Pops

Reaction
Why don't we try to figure out why short course racing failed/ is failing????

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Majority has do to with no factory backed vehicles.. or sponsor money to the promotors

dnf736

Reaction

Well your just full of optimism....;)

jk:D

SICKSAND

Reaction
I still think that was more exciting to watch then todays trucks.The hole scene,trucks,buggies,stadium lites,etc..all in the same night,I loved it.There is still good racing today but in my opinion that was the best to go watch?

DailyPedal

Reaction

And why do you think it has failed? Or how do you define success? We have national TV with both series currently running (more TV time than ever in off-road racing history), thousands of spectators showing up and big time sponsors spending lots of money to promote...all in a seriously down economy...and the reality is that this has all taken place in the last three years. To me that is incredible growth.
Now look at stock car racing (West, super late, lates, etc..), or midget/sprint car racing, heck...we have more tv time available to us right now than Indy cars...where is the failure?

Ziggy

Reaction
Good question.I would answer that with why has Crandon been so successful?
I know Crandon is not a series but it is an entity onto itself.It will survive regardless of who runs the organizations.40 yrs this year.I'd start looking there.;););)

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
I know Crandon is not a series but it is an entity onto itself.It will survive regardless of who runs the organizations.40 yrs this year.I'd start looking there.;););)

Here's a good place to start: http://www.vimeo.com/3455545

Second, make a trip to Crandon this year and see it first hand.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
"holly buckets of water" ... did you guys catch that quote in the video??....jajaja man nothing says classic like that quote!!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction

Same reason why Riverside was so successful! Like Trophysedan said in another post, step up and put one on yourself. Its difficult. However, we have had 2 series that in the past have been succesful (being sustainable and marketable), MTEG and of course the Score Riverside World Championships (not a points race BTW). I thinks those are 2 pretty good blue prints to start from. If somebody can put together a series like MTEG with possibly a "long" race like a Riverside, IMO, that would be a big draw.

Pops

Reaction
It seems as if advertising may be one of the major reasons for sucess or failure.

Ziggy

Reaction
Looking at TORC today I believe a low truck count kills the spectator count for future races.
8 P4 trucks is not enough and even though CORR did not make it ,it was on the right track.I really believe the economic recession killed CORR as all the sponsor money dried up.JB really did put CORR on the big screen every week so I would not discount what he did manage to do.Timing was horrible as his cash flow comes from selling his tract homes, and that part of the economy tanked.
I think he was onto something.
It does not help that there was a lot of casualties here and I'm not in any way saying what happened was all right.I am just saying that he was onto something.

Slash01z

Reaction
First off crandon was full to capacity last year to watch 6 pro 4 in the spring and 9 in the fall. Its not the truck count its the fans who enjoy the sport.

"8 P4 trucks is not enough."

First there were 9 pro 4 and second it was the first race and it was in texas. mid season TORC will have 12+

Ziggy

Reaction
First off crandon was full to capacity last year to watch 6 pro 4 in the spring and 9 in the fall. Its not the truck count its the fans who enjoy the sport.

"8 P4 trucks is not enough."

First there were 9 pro 4 and second it was the first race and it was in texas. mid season TORC will have 12+

Crandon was not full to watch 6 P4s.It was full because its party time and usually a good race breaks out.:D:D
No need to be so serious.Crandon is the best place to race,my point being they know how to put on a show.

hoeker

Reaction
9 top notch pro-4's was spectacular racing in texas, 15 pro-2's was also great but the TV show failed to show anyone out of the top 3 for the entire 2nd half of the race so you wouldn't know it unless you were there. i expect better turnouts for the rest of the season as more regional racers will show, i also think your comment has almost no impact on fan turn out but it is the reason that last january the sponsors got together and agreed they needed to support 1 series. just like there is not enough pro-4's for 2 series there is not enough sponsor money.

Ziggy

Reaction
9 top notch pro-4's was spectacular racing in texas, 15 pro-2's was also great but the TV show failed to show anyone out of the top 3 for the entire 2nd half of the race so you wouldn't know it unless you were there. i expect better turnouts for the rest of the season as more regional racers will show, i also think your comment has almost no impact on fan turn out but it is the reason that last january the sponsors got together and agreed they needed to support 1 series. just like there is not enough pro-4's for 2 series there is not enough sponsor money.

Fair comment.
My perspective was from the TV coverage.My bad.

Greg

Reaction
The reason Crandon, and Riverside for that matter, are/were successful is that they run a very limited amount of races. With only 1 or 2 events a year, people WILL show up. As for a MT-style event, there are very large amounts of cash required to put on races of that scale with trucks/teams at that level. Right now, the money just isn't there. The sponsor interest or ROI is just not there. The spectators will show, eventually, not not promptly enough to keep a promoter afloat for more than 1-2 events and therefore the series will fail. Basically, it's easy to sit here and talk about these races, but the simple fact is that the reason there are no stadium races, especially at the MT level, is that market wont support it. I assure you that if the money was there, you'd have stadium races to attend.