Bringing Back Racing to Plaster City

DG_BTI

D-38 just released the re-vised moto/utv schedule for 2020. Starts back up September 12! Racing continues in Plaster City!

JDDurfey

Sounds like the BLM in Plaster City area need to be reminded who pays their salary. Now don't get me wrong, trashing the desert is not cool. But not allowing tax payers to use the land they partially own with out harassment is not cool either. And over charging for special events in an effort to curb special events is wrong also.

ace_photo

GET SOME
I wasn't implying that yourself or SCORE didn't do your due diligence and not follow a proven formula to promote racing in the Imperial Valley. I think we'd all agree that Fud was a unique individual that found a niche in the Valley. Fud races always reminded me of a "club" race that was run professionally. Fud always was for the smaller base teams that wanted to run the big time races, but just simply couldn't afford the entry fees, chase teams, pre-run time, etc. etc. that is required to be successful in SCORE & BITD racing. Fud wanted 60 - 100 cars mainly from San Diego area and Imperial Valley. And Fud's era happened in a simpler, less regulated time period. I have fond memories of first spectating at Ocotillo Wells, the Borrego Rough series, and then later racing at Fud's Superstition Series. It would be great to have racing at Plaster City again.
No worries, I didn't take it that way.

The Fud races were great and its great to look back on as part of the glory days of offroad in IV but those times are long past and even Fud would have a difficult time putting on a race these days. Things changed drastically right after he passed.

There's still D38 racing if you want to check it out sometime. I went to one a few months back and was happy to see the pits full and a decent amount of spectators. The UTV class is growing there too so not just bikes.

We tried to bring the Fud spirit to the SCORE races. I worked with Becky to create this map.
IVScoreFinal.jpg

jon coleman

No worries, I didn't take it that way.

The Fud races were great and its great to look back on as part of the glory days of offroad in IV but those times are long past and even Fud would have a difficult time putting on a race these days. Things changed drastically right after he passed.

There's still D38 racing if you want to check it out sometime. I went to one a few months back and was happy to see the pits full and a decent amount of spectators. The UTV class is growing there too so not just bikes.

We tried to bring the Fud spirit to the SCORE races. I worked with Becky to create this map.
View attachment 216177
THAT, kiddies, is gps, old skool, i loved the old race maps, post more!thnx.j😍fnt side sand highway, Funest part of the whole race!!

SC150

That course map is amazing. Would love to see more like it. "BLM Doughnut Stand" really tops it off.

baja_racer

I was the road crossing monitor at BJ,s fueling station, didn't go well for Mr Baldwin