Broken Wheel & Hub/Bolts

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Hey everyone I was out riding this past weekend testing my new LT and extended axle and had 2 bolts on a (new LSR) rear wheel hub snap and the holes on the wheel where the other two bolts go were ripped thus causing the wheel to fly over my shoulder 150 yards down trail and me to lose control and go down. My question is what would cause my wheel/hub to break? I know for sure the rim was slightly bent but was on tight. Any suggestions/comments? I will try to post pics this evening...

Thanks in advance!

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
Hey everyone I was out riding this past weekend testing my new LT and extended axle and had 2 bolts on a (new LSR) rear wheel hub snap and the holes on the wheel where the other two bolts go were ripped thus causing the wheel to fly over my shoulder 150 yards down trail and me to lose control and go down. My question is what would cause my wheel/hub to break? I know for sure the rim was slightly bent but was on tight. Any suggestions/comments? I will try to post pics this evening...

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like a couple of the lugs came loose. I'm guessing the "ripped" one's are the one's that came loose. After these came loose the other lugs would snap like they did.

Hayward Racing

Reaction
This is the is the 2nd time this has happened with my quad and every since the 1st time I always triple check my lugs, even did so before I rode on Saturday. I'm just glad it happened where it happened, when it happened.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Hey make sure you don`t figure it out before you come to Calcity to race.I need all the advantages I can get.:D:D

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Hey make sure you don`t figure it out before you come to Calcity to race.I need all the advantages I can get.:D:D
Ordering a set of Beadlocks tomorrow and will use my stock hubs..:D:D

I'm still trying to make it Bill but I really need to make sure my Gorilla runs right. The front end is soft as a pillow but it hasn't seen a good set of whoops yet so you might get your wish...