• Forum membership has its advantages....

Bronco and Ranger coming back.

nimrod

KOOK!
IMG_0078.JPG
Supposedly Ford is shipping off small car line-ups to be made in Mexico so they can start production of the new Ranger and the Bronco which will be built on the Ranger frame in Detroit. I hope they make a Raptor model of the Bronco. Supposedly this is the new Bronco, anyone have any solid info?
Looks a bit Jeepish in style.

coilover88

Looks like a scaled up version of my wife's Edge. I like my Bronco's with a beefier aesthetic.

Dezertpilot

That is hideous, doesn't resemble a Bronco in any way, hope that's not it.

nimrod

KOOK!
I hope we get the cool 2 door one but I'm not gonna hold my breath seeing as how it will share the ranger platform and most probably the ranger front end, doors, and however much Ford can use for both platforms.

I'm sure the aftermarket suspension guys will be all over the ranger so it should be easy to modify the Bronco too.

sb4pro

So ok guys who is gonna be the 1st to use it in class 7 in the desert or prolite in short course ;)

vegasloki

Shouldn't the Bronco be based on a 150 chassis? The stupid Bronco 2 was more Ranger-sized.
They share a common platform and will be built at the Wayne assembly plant in Detroit. Fat Rob posted legit pics. The Bronco is aimed at the Wrangler, the Ranger at the other mid sized pickups. The Ranger is expected for the 2018 model year, the Bronco in 2020. There are also rumblings in the auto press of a 3.2 liter 5 cylinder in the Ranger (as in other parts of the world) and perhaps on the Bronco as well. The Ranger is expected to have 4 cyl Eco Boosts and a 6 cyl option.