Bronco/F150 4x4 prerunner suspension build

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Here are a few pictures of our new 4x4 Bronco/F150 prerunner suspension kit. The kit includes 4"wider beams, radius arms, coilover mounts, air bump mounts, brake lines, limit straps, air bumps and coilovers. We also have a swing set steering kit almost completed.

Steven_Tolbert

Reaction
Oh come on Jerry, thats it? Thats all we get? lol The new kit looks very nice can't wait to see more of it. Is it on purpose or by coincidence that your kits for 87-96 F150s' are allways show cased on 92-96 black F150s' ? lol

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
Jerry: What length C/O is that 14? Will the heater box clear a 35" at full bump?

JGOLDEN: These trucks don't benefit from a Bypass in the front much. All you need for the front is that shiny 9100 with the ACV valve and Joel's "special" valving.

tcm glx

Reaction
eta on these being sold? (cash in hand) :D
If your ready to buy, also check out Mark Keifer at Southwest Performance, similar kit.

Jerry: What length C/O is that 14? Will the heater box clear a 35" at full bump?

JGOLDEN: These trucks don't benefit from a Bypass in the front much. All you need for the front is that shiny 9100 with the ACV valve and Joel's "special" valving.

Hells yeah!! Joels 9100 C/O with ACV Valve works outstanding!

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Oh come on Jerry, thats it? Thats all we get? lol The new kit looks very nice can't wait to see more of it. Is it on purpose or by coincidence that your kits for 87-96 F150s' are allways show cased on 92-96 black F150s' ? lol
Never noticed that but hey :)

Any room for a bypass shock as well?
Yes a bypass can fit no problem...

eta on these being sold? (cash in hand) :D
Right now, come place an order!

14" coilover and yes a 35 will fit.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Here is a picture of the mock up steering. We don't mess around :) No bump steer and correct geometry!

fabnahorse

Reaction
The quality of your work is always second to none, but it sure looks like those pivot points are in the wrong place. In the unit pictured it appears like the driver's link pivot is about 3"-4" short and the passenger pivot is 9" or so short. The common mistake when building TTB steering is locating pivots in line with the beam pivots parallel to the frame when they should be placed on a line extending from the radius arm pivot thru the beam pivot. I imagine the kit is going to be in the $2500 range and for that, one should expect correct geometry or he may as well stick with the $400 "ambulance upgrade". Again, not knocking your work, but the geometry is questionable. If I'm wrong, then I may be a customer.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The quality of your work is always second to none, but it sure looks like those pivot points are in the wrong place. In the unit pictured it appears like the driver's link pivot is about 3"-4" short and the passenger pivot is 9" or so short. The common mistake when building TTB steering is locating pivots in line with the beam pivots parallel to the frame when they should be placed on a line extending from the radius arm pivot thru the beam pivot. I imagine the kit is going to be in the $2500 range and for that, one should expect correct geometry or he may as well stick with the $400 "ambulance upgrade". Again, not knocking your work, but the geometry is questionable. If I'm wrong, then I may be a customer.
You are correct if you don't want the tire to turn at all with in the suspension cycle. But in an ibeam cycle you need some bumpsteer to complement the arch of travel the beams goes through to keep the tires pointed straight. If you mount the steering in line with the beam and radius arm pivot you will have zero bump steer but your tires will toe in with the arch the beams are on about 3-6" per side.
I think we know what we are doing. Lol

Andy Jones

Reaction
Looks Good Jerry!! is the steering going to be available separately? and if so, whats the cost..
and what about the shock mount? is that being sold separately as well?? i'd like something like that, to keep the Guess work out of it!!

fabnahorse

Reaction
You are correct if you don't want the tire to turn at all with in the suspension cycle. But in an ibeam cycle you need some bumpsteer to complement the arch of travel the beams goes through to keep the tires pointed straight. If you mount the steering in line with the beam and radius arm pivot you will have zero bump steer but your tires will toe in with the arch the beams are on about 3-6" per side.
I think we know what we are doing. Lol
I got caught in my own trap. Class A amateur. Had to think about that for a while and mock it up to fully understand. That being said...looking forward to the completed product! Consider me a customer. Now quit laughing and get back to work. I'll go back to the garage and keep pretending.

Brian Beeler

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Looks Good Jerry!! is the steering going to be available separately? and if so, whats the cost..
and what about the shock mount? is that being sold separately as well?? i'd like something like that, to keep the Guess work out of it!!
Yes steering will be available for around $2500-$3000. Keep in mind this includes 8 FK 7/8" brims, .375 wall 4130 tierods, swingers, mounts and hardware.
The coilover mounts with engine x-bar will be $850. It is .188 wall 4130.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I got caught in my own trap. Class A amateur. Had to think about that for a while and mock it up to fully understand. That being said...looking forward to the completed product! Consider me a customer. Now quit laughing and get back to work. I'll go back to the garage and keep pretending.

Brian Beeler
Ha ha it's all good. I answered your pm. Call any time or stop by any time!

tcm glx

Reaction
Yes steering will be available for around $2500-$3000. Keep in mind this includes 8 FK 7/8" brims, .375 wall 4130 tierods, swingers, mounts and hardware.
The coilover mounts with engine x-bar will be $850. It is .188 wall 4130.
Smokin deal!! Any more pics? Is that bronco done yet???

Ryan B

Reaction
Is the other hole in the pitman arm for the future addition of a ram assist cylinder?

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Is the other hole in the pitman arm for the future addition of a ram assist cylinder?
No, It was for the single swing setup we started with. We are not happy with the results of 1 side with more bumpsteer then the other and the amount of bend the tie rods need. We feel the dual swing setup is much better so that is what we are going with. The ram will mount to one of the rods going from pivot to pivot or box to pivot.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Here is a cell phone pic of the suspension installed after powdercoat. I will post better pictures tomorrow.

Steven_Tolbert

Reaction
So I guess I will be the first to ask, What are the final numbers with this setup?