• Forum membership has its advantages....

Bronco Glass Conversion

cgaddis15

I am converting my 87 bronco to the 96 front clip. I already have the fiberglass, but does anyone know the best way of doing this?...leaving the inner wall and cutting the fender? Removing completly, and building tubular mounts? Also what will I need to buy as far as OEM parts go? Headlights, radiator mounts, etc????... Any suggestion or info would be appreciated...

MX808

cgaddis15 said:
I am converting my 87 bronco to the 96 front clip. I already have the fiberglass, but does anyone know the best way of doing this?...leaving the inner wall and cutting the fender? Removing completly, and building tubular mounts? Also what will I need to buy as far as OEM parts go? Headlights, radiator mounts, etc????... Any suggestion or info would be appreciated...
What kind of front clip are you putting on it? Is it a one peice or is it fenders and a hood?

partybarge_pilot

1 thing that is deceving in the Autofab pics is Jon has a newer core support on that truck. Where the main plastic grill support piece mounts up on the ends is about 1.5 further back than older models. There are bolt holes that line up on the older ones but your grill will end up sticking out to far. I just cut the ends down and drill some new holes in the plastic then weld a couple tabs sticking strait out to bolt to. Some weld on tabs work for the center 4 mounts to. On the one I'm doing now I wanted to keep the wheel wells so I'm cutting up the fenders to keep the inner portion.

Attachments

cgaddis15

It is fenders and a hood. It is almost done now. We decided to ditch all OEM mounts and build from scratch. Probably a bad idea but time will tell.

Racbaja

Caleb' you actually did the right thing. I had my glass mounted with new mounts and was able to weld accessory mounts to new core support. You will be able to utilize the old battery tray with a couple of braces and you will want to run a K&N, ditch the old intake. I don't know how to reduce my picture size to post.

Ron Plunkett
Plunkett Racing