• Forum membership has its advantages....

Bronco prerunners

Brain171

The Wilson team has a nice Blazer from what I've heard, probably theirs it sounds like. Anyone have pictures of it?
I passed it on the trailer on our way home from the 1000. Looked like a great rig. No pics unfortunately.

mattb

This thread is killing me! I've have "Bronco Prerunner" on the brain for a few month now.... my wife would kill me.

JLongo

Did you/this Blazer head down the I-5 yesterday evening? I passed a white Blazer that was fully built (trailing arms, cage, etc.) that was on a trailer and had two class 1 chase stickers on the bottom corners of the back window. I believe they were 138 and 16*, can't remember.
Nope,wasn't mine,unfortunately mine is sitting waiting for Harmon to rebuild the fuel cell.8 weeks of staring at it in my garage.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Redsand187

We took pictures and talked to the driver of that expedition raptor. The guys on our team were convinced it was a factory ford prototype. It was that perfect.

Who's/what is that thing?

View attachment 175627

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com
If I remember correctly, Hennessy was supposed to be building these things. I don't know if he ever gained traction, but I believe he built a few for his typical magazine dog and pony show. They seemed to be really 1 off vehicles, because he was going offer different rear door configurations, one being excursion barn doors.
I would suspect that they ditched grafting an excursion rear onto a raptor and decided to do a raptor swap onto an actual Expedition. Getting a look at the rear suspension would be interesting/telling if Ford was the actual builder.

I would doubt that Ford would be running around in a prototype in the open without it already being known that it was an actual official project. But it does look a cut above what Hennessy was strutting around with a few years ago.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Some photos of the morning dump from the mil. About as sleeper as they come.

Old Mill, Stuck Honda at 263, Broken Pfankuch at 268, Stuck Local at 250, Punta Banda
IMG_6523.JPG

IMG_6548.JPG
IMG_6550.JPG
IMG_6587.JPG
IMG_6593.JPG

Curt LeDuc

Great to see all the stories and pictures here. I built the Wilson's blazer and did put in a cage and I beams in it years ago. I, over time built 9 more broncos for prerunning. All are still in use, Baldwin's 2wd,Macray Glass, Vanderway,Lee Hays,Tomato man Jeff Dolan, Macomas,Ray Croll,Steve Olliges,Updated Leon Patton and more. Who am I forgetting?

mattb

Great to see all the stories and pictures here. I built the Wilson's blazer and did put in a cage and I beams in it years ago. I, over time built 9 more broncos for prerunning. All are still in use, Baldwin's 2wd,Macray Glass, Vanderway,Lee Hays,Tomato man Jeff Dolan, Macomas,Ray Croll,Steve Olliges,Updated Leon Patton and more. Who am I forgetting?

Curt- I'm curious if you could post a build cost for a 4wd Bronco.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Curt- I'm curious if you could post a build cost for a 4wd Bronco.
Drop off a good rig and count on 50-80K and you wont regret what you get in return. Leduc broncos are all still pounding after years of baja on them.

J.COLEMAN

I have built 10 broncos and 1 for my self that Kyle and Todd used to pre run the Baja 2000. I did not have time to finish the boxes that covered the rear shock towere so we used plastic and duck tape so they could use it. They leaked and Todd was in the 3rd seat. Needed more tape in Lapaz. I put on over 150,000 miles before selling it. View attachment 174203this bronco was built by Bunderson and $300,000 spent. Wayne Perry needs to let it go to a good home if you know someone who wants to join the bronco club. All the broncos I built are still in use in Baja races. I have bought a few tailgates in Lapaz to get home after trail brain fades. With Kyle and Austin Robison and myself we won class 8 at the Baja 2000 in a Cherokee with a 6 cylinder that ran on pump gas with 1 chase truck, no trailer. Viva Baja!!

Whats the story on the sale of this??? More pics? Who can I contact?

Giant Geoff

I Built this one in 40 days and have been shredding it for 5 years! This thing is fast in Barstow and comfy in the small Ocotillo chop.

Attachments

mattb

Drop off a good rig and count on 50-80K and you wont regret what you get in return. Leduc broncos are all still pounding after years of baja on them.
That's what I figured. I agree 100%, it's money well spent. Do it right the first time.

Giant Geoff

It's been more than 5 years or is this a different one?
It may be over five years. I am building a second bronco with the same front end but with my 64" spring on the back in these new Solid Shock Co. that are design with a very short collapse length to pull all 20 inches with the shock staying under the bed, But is not a cantilever.

Attachments

Mark Newhan

It may be over five years. I am building a second bronco with the same front end but with my 64" spring on the back in these new Solid Shock Co. that are design with a very short collapse length to pull all 20 inches with the shock staying under the bed, But is not a cantilever.
Interesting free bleed tube...

gunit

IMG_0219.JPG
Here's mine, built in 2007 and now with thousands of Baja Prerun miles on it.