• Forum membership has its advantages....

Bryce Menzies World Record Jump over a ghost town ....

deano

McDeano
Bryce will attempt a world record jump aboard his modified Pro-2, jumping over a ghost town in New Mexico "Live" this Saturday, August 27th @noon (PT) on RED BULL TV, with a follow up documentary-style program on NBC on Sunday @11am (PT) - More progression and more press for the sport, is always a positive thing .. Good luck Bryce and make the offroad world proud ... more info: www.redbull.com/brycemenzies Brraaapppp

Sheaco

Good Luck Bryce.

"You told Me 150 feet!" LOL Classic.

Brian1

Pretty cool! He is doing the jump about an hour away from me, if I wasn't already headed out of town I might have to sneak on the "set" and watch in-person! It looked like snow on the ground in one clip so they have been planning this for a while.

The longest UTV jump was also done in New Mexico about 2 years ago although Im not sure how that record still stands: Longest UTV ramp jump

Last edited:

Mark Newhan

he did an interview on Fox News. My wife recorded on her phone, but I can't get it to upload.

T Pacheco

deano

McDeano
Unfortunately, with big stunts, sometimes equals big accidents .. In this case, that was the outcome - Bryce was able to land a world record jump, but irrelevance sets in, as he'll now nurse a fractured shoulder -- Hopefully he'll be back in the driver seat quickly ..

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

green787

This is Stupid.... take up flying.... This has nothing to do with off roading or desert racing....

J Burleson

It has everything to do with off-road racing! (And also a lot to do with marketing!). The logistics and setup and that had to go into this must be unbelievable! (Sounds a bit like off-road racing). Like his old man said, "we are gonna learn so much in the next 6 months". It doesn't hurt that I'm sure more people will see this jump than viewership of any off-road racing broadcast. My only question is, who's gonna try and beat Bryce's record?!

dan200

#BSF200
This is Stupid.... take up flying.... This has nothing to do with off roading or desert racing....
Perhaps you didn't notice that energy drink athletes are paid to promote a brand/life style. And the soda company on the side of Bryces truck is the one that "gives you wings".

Also Bryce already has a plane. He's one of the most popular desert racers there is. And he just broke (shattered actually) the world record for distance jumping a truck in an off road race truck. Of all the racers off roading has, Menzies is flat out one of the coolest and most professional ones there is. Sometimes you should really just STFU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDDurfey

So the same argument could be made that if you haven't participated in off-roading or racing in quite sometime, you shouldn't have an opinion. I am glad that is not the case, since it has been a while since I actually participated. But I think there is a green class 7 that fits that bill also.