BS booby traps

dan200

#BSF200
I don't think they are gonna care:(:(:(

I just checked their website. It's a mexican film crew. They just take footage and put it on the site.

So I'm pretty sure they just build booby traps, record the chaos, and put it up.

They're just doing it for a cheap thrill. What a bunch of !@#.

Mike

Sometimes a pubic notice about them like we have going here does some good. Hopefully that is the case this time although, if filming carnage is their thing then it would be less likely
:)

BGRANT

As a bike racer, this s&t scares the hell out of me! I always slowed down in populated areas and around crowds, they're there for a reason. I really hope all that hit it were OK. It's a shame when you spend a lot of time and money only to be taken out by a bunch of asshats like that. The frustrating part is there is nothing that can be done and it will always be a part of racing baja. One day a car will get out of shape and kill some innocent people and the poor driver will get lynched by the same c#&%suckers that built the trap.

Whitewater

They will care when an injured riders crew catches up with them.
These guys are low life cowards, anonymously preying on the unsuspecting in hopes of carnage so that they can feed their egos and/or wallets by filming it.

If they are no longer anonymous and can be linked with a damaged vehicle or an injured rider then retribution can be enacted. A tooth for a tooth amigo, you break a riders shoulder and the same should be done to you 2X.

partybarge_pilot

That wa right after the water sroccing north of Trtes Hermanos. I went over those before the trucks got there and they were steep. The stock Colodara 4X I was driving scraped the frame on them. Wich I had gone through there before the bikes and done a little grading with the frame.

But yeah, the place was packed with locals waiting for carnage. By the time the TT's went through, they had a Mosh pit going on the north east bank of the stream. Buracho e loco......

Young&Fast

Well if it can be confirmed that the people in xbaja shirts are indeed affiliated with xbaja, then it is everyone's duty to roost the hell out of the next xbaja guys you see.

JohnnyAirtime

Folks...

Ron Wilson (SurfNRide)... posted up on TT. I also let'em know he was filmed in his get off.... riding along with 12X. He was one of the two riders in the end of that short clip.

You also have to realize that the "stolen" bike in the other thread, was being ridden by Jonah Street is really the bike in the vid and owned by Ron Wilson as well. Not his day, or Jonahs.

BTW, so far... bike is claimed "in good hands" and will be returned.

Here's the link once again;
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6467465

Petepecas

I stoped at a couple of dirt "ramps" while racing my #863 truck, with rear tires on ramp and on brake/gas to try and level them, people would boo us and throw rocks, bunch of a**whipes...:mad:

SurfnRide

I was the guy on the left in the video- Ron Wilson bike # 312x. Swollen knee- hopefully I won't need another surgery. Broken helmet. Lost my chance at the $3,000 1st place money in class 30, probably $2,000 in medical bills.

12x hit the ground much harder than I did. I hope he's OK.

I'm actually more upset at all the bystanders that stand there and do nothing to protect the racers. I would NEVER, NEVER allow something like this to be built on a race course. Yet, hundreds of people just stand there and watch. It's just not logical.

Even after I finally stopped crashing, these people weren't even helping me pick up the bike. They just stood there watching me scream in pain... I finally asked for help picking up the bike, cleaning off my goggles, all the while I'm yelling for someone to go tear the fricken jump down...Nobody did.

This was a big bummer. It was like the perfect storm. Everything came together all at the right time.

I haven't hit one of these at speed since 1996 San felipe 250. I Always slow down when I see a group of spectators. Even in the 50 miles just before this crash I slowed down for numerous "situations" made by the locals.

I was so focused on completing the pass on 12x, I honestly didn't see any spectators. I had already passed about 22 bikes, and I was hoping for some clean air.

I knew this was a wide open uphill sand situation, and apparently so did the other guy. We were also in the dust of 10x. The jump was built just around a sweeper, behind a bush. I never saw it. Not sure what else to say......

I've been doing SCORE races since 1989. Approx 35 events. This might just be the end for me. The escalating costs, increased speeds of our bikes, and growing population of Baja make it nearly impossible to have fun and race...I don't know, I'm tired, maybe i'll feel different tomorrow...

Vtr_Racing

I was the guy on the left in the video- Ron Wilson bike # 312x. Swollen knee- hopefully I won't need another surgery. Broken helmet. Lost my chance at the $3,000 1st place money in class 30, probably $2,000 in medical bills.

12x hit the ground much harder than I did. I hope he's OK.

I'm actually more upset at all the bystanders that stand there and do nothing to protect the racers. I would NEVER, NEVER allow something like this to be built on a race course. Yet, hundreds of people just stand there and watch. It's just not logical.

Even after I finally stopped crashing, these people weren't even helping me pick up the bike. They just stood there watching me scream in pain... I finally asked for help picking up the bike, cleaning off my goggles, all the while I'm yelling for someone to go tear the fricken jump down...Nobody did.

This was a big bummer. It was like the perfect storm. Everything came together all at the right time.

I haven't hit one of these at speed since 1996 San felipe 250. I Always slow down when I see a group of spectators. Even in the 50 miles just before this crash I slowed down for numerous "situations" made by the locals.

I was so focused on completing the pass on 12x, I honestly didn't see any spectators. I had already passed about 22 bikes, and I was hoping for some clean air.

I knew this was a wide open uphill sand situation, and apparently so did the other guy. We were also in the dust of 10x. The jump was built just around a sweeper, behind a bush. I never saw it. Not sure what else to say......

I've been doing SCORE races since 1989. Approx 35 events. This might just be the end for me. The escalating costs, increased speeds of our bikes, and growing population of Baja make it nearly impossible to have fun and race...I don't know, I'm tired, maybe i'll feel different tomorrow...
Ron that sucks. Glad to hear your ok and the bike is in good hands. There were alot of people keeping an eye on that thing. The booby traps have always been there but the population is getting bigger and the people making them are just getting out of hand. Its been getting worse and we have seen the videos. If XBAJA.COM had ANYTHING to do with this (I hope not), do not buy their stuff.

efieldshc

12X is in one piece. Helmet's getting retired and the corporate-sponsored racing program is in question because of this crash.

There is an explicit claim below that members of some crew wearing red shirts labeled xbaja.com were responsible for the booby trap that sent 12X over the handlebars -

Is there any photographic, video or credible eyewitness information to back that claim up?

Yea, if there is any photographic evidence of them building the trap, and if it's actually on the website itself, you could take those ass ****s to court.
It really sucks people build **** like this in the middle of the race, just to see others crash and get hurt. If you wanna see retarded jumps that end in failure, go to Glamis

BitorPerformance

I support Cooler hunting and have on occasion in booby trap areas. Last 250 while prerunning some kids were building a trap in a wash just ten miles out of the start. A quick burn out helped level the jump and roost the kids pretty good. I say kids meaning from 12-18 or so.

Sampeter

I think Patrana said it best. "If there's a crowd of people in the middle of nowhere, there's probably a booby trap. Just aim for the people cuz that's where the booby trap isn't."

Mike
I don't agree with this, I was out near El Alamo (MM70+) with my family and some friends, there was nobody around but us, we just like to go to these places so we can see the cars in full speed and nobody bother us, some of the cars that saw us took a second look (slow down a bit) and some just waved at us, it was a great time, now imagine that someone had readed this post before the race, and they decide to do what you say, right now I coulded be in the hospital or some worst place.
I understand about booby traps, I race too locally, but that is not a good advice. :mad:

TNT race photo

The baja experience has gone down hill in the past few years,I quit surfing and camping south of the boarder along time ago. Ron glad to hear you got out in one piece hope there is some pay back on the chumps that took you out!!

Sheaco

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm speechless..................................

IonRuss

When do people build these things? Is it something that takes a while to construct that you could find during the pre-run or just people throwing **** in the road?