BS SCORE International

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Bs score

How can you call the San Vicente cut that gains 10 seconds and has been a part of the course prior with no penalty now a 90 minute penalty and a box that isn't recording data at all a 60 min penalty.

That is BS and I'm calling it out

90% of the racers are cheaters...LAME

Let me be clear I am pissed because for a line my entire team used that has been the norm and gains us really nothing we are scored as CHEATERS and assessed 90 minutes of deviation......Looking at the results it looks like only 3 of the finishers now posted had complete failure with their trackers, EVERYONE else had a working tracker so now these three get dinged less on deviation and no one knows what they did.....

I AM NOT CALLING ANY OF THESE CARS, TEAMS or DRIVERS cheaters I am saying the formula is flawed

I do however commend score for reigning in the hwy speeding but they should have been clear that they were changing the way they race before the race, not just called the majority of the racers cheaters

I feel bad for those that had no working box and got dinged as I don't think they are cheaters but I don't think I am a cheater either

Last edited:

spalind

Reaction
How can you call the San Vicente cut that gains 10 seconds and has been a part of the course prior with no penalty now a 90 minute penalty and a box that isn't recording data at all a 60 min penalty.

The penalties were a knee jerk, ill thought out (if thought went into them at all), decision that are illogical and at times just downright silly...I laud Sal for having to have the stones to stand up for what he felt were rules that were being flaunted but criticize him for the way in which he went about it...

Sheaco

Reaction
" Get Your Hot Buttery Popcorn Here!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler7

Reaction
Thats what Ive been saying! Bwahaha ohh Snap Pab said it guess I should through some popcorn in the microwave jajaja

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Thats what Ive been saying! Bwahaha ohh Snap Pab said it guess I should through some popcorn in the microwave jajaja

It is a stupid formula.....no data and only 60 for deviation? Man I could really spice this up but I won't because I don't want to but geezzz...NO box data should equal way more than 60 min penalty for deviation.....what ever I am bitter and have a one sided view but yes I did....

>>>>>SNAP

okay I'm more calm now and love everyone again

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
I didn’t take any of the lines that everyone has been getting dinged for so it will be interesting to see my results….

:D

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Okay here is a serious question....

What happens if you hook up the IRC correctly and it shows you as being somewhere else, sounds confusing, but here's an example....

This year at the Parker 425 we had a TT hooked up to the IRC and it was powered on the entire day long, but instead of showing our TT as racing it Parker, it showed us being in South America at the Dakar finish line? You could view the vehicle etc. the entire race, but it just showed 0 MPH in South America....? I am not trying to bash etc. just curious on what the possible outcome would have been.

Ozzie M

Reaction
Okay here is a serious question....

What happens if you hook up the IRC correctly and it shows you as being somewhere else, sounds confusing, but here's an example....

This year at the Parker 425 we had a TT hooked up to the IRC and it was powered on the entire day long, but instead of showing our TT as racing it Parker, it showed us being in South America at the Dakar finish line? You could view the vehicle etc. the entire race, but it just showed 0 MPH in South America....? I am not trying to bash etc. just curious on what the possible outcome would have been.

Thats another thing before they fried our irc it showed us in the middle of rosarito.

Tyler7

Reaction
But like Ozzie Said sometimes its not the teams fault that the IRC didnt work. Electronics such sometimes and are hard to see them as reliable. But hell yeah you get caught with a switch on your IRC DQ!!!!

It is a stupid formula.....no data and only 60 for deviation? Man I could really spice this up but I won't because I don't want to but geezzz...NO box data should equal way more than 60 min penalty for deviation.....what ever I am bitter and have a one sided view but yes I did....

>>>>>SNAP

SMIGEL

Reaction
Pab,
You should know better than to come on here and call out score in public. If anyone can go straight to Sal, discuss this with him in person, it would be you. I would then like to hear from you, the results from this meeting. When you can say "Sal told ME this is the reason............ Until then, this subject is all hogwash. SCORE did the right thing. Now that they set a precedent, can the contunue to equally enforce the rules as such from now on? Enough sturring the pot, as our unelected off road representative call Sal and get some facts.

>>>>>>>CRACKLE

deano

McDeano
Reaction
WOW, i thought i'd NEVER see the day that the score poster boy calls out "SCORE-INTERNATIONAL" :eek: --- it really must piss him off ?? great points though cam -- it sounds like a "flawed" system, bring back the DA domino's :cool:

zjohnson

Reaction
I didn’t take any of the lines that everyone has been getting dinged for so it will be interesting to see my results….

:D

Congrats on the 2nd palce will and jake, interested in seeing who is going to get dinged in class 10? Lots of locals in those cars . . .

Chris Tobin

Reaction

>>>>>SNAP

What seems even more odd to me is that Insuffient Data and No Hwy Data seem to carry varriable penalties...

Insuffient Data Penalties =

150 min in class 21
60 min in class 6, Score Lites and 5-1600

No Hwy Data Penalties =
10 min in TT, Class 25
110 min in Class 6
90 min in Score Lites and 5-1600

Come on SCORE if 80 to 90% of you competitors are "Cheaters" then something is wrong with the race, the racers and/or the race promoter! At least in the MLB the steroid scandal only effected a small percentage of the competitors here in SCORE nearly all of the competitors in its second biggest race are labeled as "CHEATERS"!!! Something is wrong with that. Also it is completely WRONG that nearly two weeks after the race we still do not have complete official results.

Get it together SCORE! The organization gave its racers a black eye with the penalties, but also gave itself a black eye and possible concussion by not realizing the ramifications that these actions would have and not thinking better of it or being more reasonable with the penalties!!!

Just my opinion...