BUG glass

GFC

Reaction
now a fiew buddies and myself have been throwing some ideas around. Kit cars ie. cobras, ext. are full fiberglass bodies. for weight perposes, iv been thinking about a fiberglass body for my bug project. in addition to your typical front clip and fenders.... what about fiberglass doors? and possibly even an entire shell? i am sold on making my project look like a bug but would like to keep it somewhat lite. after reading some of the resent posts about making your own fiberglass, im really starting to like the ideah. have any of you seen anything on the market such as fiberglass doors for WV bugs?

GFC

Reaction
the first link there had the doors

thanks for posting that!!

KitRacer

Reaction
the newer high dollar 5 opens have complete fiberglass bodies on them dont they??? Maybe you could ask one of those guys

GFC

Reaction
ill look into that kitracer. thankz

SO.... any of you know if this is true about some of the Hi-Dollar 5's?
if so can you direct me to a websight or email address so i could ask a fiew questions

SuperDave

Reaction
I'm 90% sure all the 5 cars out there racing SCORE and MDR still have steel doors and windshield frames.

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
Last time I checked the rule book for class 5 unlimited. You were still required to use stock skins for the doors and rear panels. If you were racing a convertible you had to have the front windshield frame. I know that some people had a I failed spelling fit when George Seely changed to the new body style. I think his is still the skin of the body, but I don't remember for sure.

GFC

Reaction
that is the yellow bug you are refering to right JoshW? anywayz, this project is just for a toy and to see how well my work holds up.

dislocated1

Reaction
According to the Score rule book, class 5 must retain an original VW main steel body and doors

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"I know that some people had a I failed spelling fit when George Seely changed to the new body style"

I think people are pissed becasue he whoops ass!!

KitRacer

Reaction
the bug i saw w/ a fiberglass body was racing CORP they probabaly didnt care then

GFC

Reaction
i have no need to be concerned of score rules because this is JUST A TOY. i just wanna know if anyone makes the full fiberglass body, i already found glass doors

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Just for the record, Seeley does run a complete fiberglass body on his car, but probably the stock VW pan??

GFC

Reaction
hmmmm, i wonder where he gets his glass bodies from? anyone know how to contact him or his crew?

michael_loomis

Reaction
no , his car is full tube with no pan .

and yes i think a lot of people bitch about seeley do to the fact that he wins A LOT . remember when he built that car he got in trouble for being longer than the 105" wheelbase rule , so he had to shorten his front limiting straps to meet the requirement

SuperDave

Reaction
You can probably catch George in the desert. He usually runs the MDR races. Just look for him at tech or stop by his pit after the race. He's a pretty cool guy.