Buggy IRS. . .micro-stub, midboard hub, stock. . .HELP!!!

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I am NEW to buggies. . .my GF just got a Meyers Manx that came with a nearly complete bug (missing a driver's side dor and the hood. . .no big deal). I would like to build a Baja Bug out of it. . .

I have fairly well figured out the front suspension, but I have been having a difficult time finding information to help me learn what micro-stub and midboard are, what the differences between them are, and pros & con's of each compared to the other?

Can you guys help me out. . .even just a link to a basic buggy suspension primer would be great! I tried Googling Micro-stub vs Midboard Hub IRS and I didn't get anything very helpful. I also have "Baja Bugs & Buggies" by Jeff Hibbard and the book doesn't talk about either micro stubs or midboard hubs so that didn't help me out either.

Thanks!

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Ha, Ha. . .just went through all my old threads and I had asked this question once before YEARS ago. That buggy fell through so I brain dumped the info. . .now I actually have a bug in hand. . .

I re-read my thread and it kinda helped. . .question is; between a micro stub and a midboard hub which one provides for the longest axle (which should mean the most difference between the wheel CV and the transaxle CV. . .which should mean less angularity for a given amount of travel, correct?)?

Thanks!

It's actually comical how little I knew and how all over the place I was when I first found out about desert racing. . .I know more now, but I'm still all over the place :)