Build My own Enclosed trailer

Jerry

Reaction
Anyone have plans for this. Anybody done it? I want to put my race truck in it and still have room for a toilet and maybe Shower. I have seen several but the roofs are too shallow. I really want to build my own cause I dont want to spend $10,000.00 plus for a stacker. Any suggestions?

Pics please

My truck is just over 6' high without lights
84" Wide
191" Bumper to bumper

Ziggy

Reaction
Anyone have plans for this. Anybody done it? I want to put my race truck in it and still have room for a toilet and maybe Shower. I have seen several but the roofs are too shallow. I really want to build my own cause I dont want to spend $10,000.00 plus for a stacker. Any suggestions?

Pics please

My truck is just over 6' high without lights
84" Wide
191" Bumper to bumper

I bought a beauty last year for $8,500.Its 28ft with a 7ft inside height(door is 6'8").Its 102" wide and has all the bells and whistles.They are out there,just look hard.Its way easier than building one.

racer56

Reaction
The way the economy is now, you can buy a used enclosed trailer cheaper than you could build one.

dannyfab

Reaction
I thought I would build one too untill I estimated the cost. I laughed and then bought a enclosed trailer to customize.

slcpunk74

Reaction
Most enclosed trailers use 1"x1"x .120 wall tube for the walls. I would think you would want to add more support if you wanted a stacker. The cool setup would be a set of torsion axles, boxed (maybe 2"x4"/ 3"x4") tube frame, make it just tall enough to get a bed over your truck, and then long enough to throw a bathroom and sink up front. I worked on trailers for a while so if you have anything I could answer just pm me.

cusico

Reaction
Please look for a used one for sale. Try www.racejunk.com, they have 20,000 trailers on there it seems.

I rebuilt my enclosed trailer (new skin, plywood roof/sides, door, lights, gen box, axles, rims, tires, etc.......) and it cost me a fortune, and so much personal labor time, it started to get to the point I was going to scrap the thing, and buy one for 6-12k and be done. I spent 15k, and killed myself doing the labor for "free".

I got what I wanted, but if my labor was only 10 bucks an hour, it cost 20k plus easy, and thats for a 20 foot trailer that really basic.
Dont do it!!! I know.

ML Racer

Reaction
I really want to build my own cause I dont want to spend $10,000.00 plus for a stacker. Any suggestions?

Let me know where I can get a "Stacker" for 10:DK

usmcgunrock

Reaction
I picked this up for a really good deal not to long ago. It can fit my Explorer with a roof rack with 10" hellas on top. It is livable and works as is right now but it needs finishing work to it. Has all the stuff a toyhauler has just in a simpler style. I have seen a hand full of nice custom enclosed for sale in the last 6 months that were under the 20k mark. I paid under 10k for mine. Oh and mine is like 8'-9' high and around 98" wide. That is about as wide as you can go because the trailer can not be wider then 102"(which mine is) without a special permit and wide load signs.

mikeyfrombc

Reaction
I picked this up for a really good deal not to long ago. It can fit my Explorer with a roof rack with 10" hellas on top. It is livable and works as is right now but it needs finishing work to it. Has all the stuff a toyhauler has just in a simpler style. I have seen a hand full of nice custom enclosed for sale in the last 6 months that were under the 20k mark. I paid under 10k for mine. Oh and mine is like 8'-9' high and around 98" wide. That is about as wide as you can go because the trailer can not be wider then 102"(which mine is) without a special permit and wide load signs.

how long is the trailor and do you have any images of inside ??

usmcgunrock

Reaction
The overall length is 35' I don't have any pictures of the inside right now but I can get some in the next couple days.