build or buy? class 9 car

Reaction
Hey I am thinking about getting back into off road racing.I have many years of racing fabrication including off road.I know buying a used car is ok but is the cost to build new minus spares better?I can bend cut and fabricate chassis to a rule book and have been welding for over 18 years so I would only need some parts and supplies to complete.In a NICE car how much in parts and supplies is a ball park figure? Still need to sel my streetrod and finish a towdster but I want to either collect $ or start collectin parts.Thanks in advance.

ACME

Reaction
IMO/from our experience; buying a good, well built, sorted car with spares will be much cheaper. Something like McCarty's will be fast out of the box and very competitive and when you add up the parts, you'll save some bucks and be racing sooner to boot...

raceanine

Reaction
I built my car from the groound up. Probably cost more than a good used car but the satisfaction of winning in something you built yourself is priceless.

Reaction
+1000 on that. I am in the early planning stages I have a couple more loose ends to tie up on then if I can find a good one to put a new chassis under and body I am good.I do agree on a sorted one for sure. Or I will build it all.I am still looking for a bunch of info and tech other than rule book on these cars. help?