Build up has begun, prime and paint phase.

Hummerkiller

Reaction
Howdy from Nate and I, here are some recent runner build up pictures we got around to developing to show everyone.

We are beyond this part of the construction but thought everyone may want to take a peek at what we had done up to this point. Enjoy.

The body uni-body stripped

Front fender and fender well primed.

1/4 diamond plate steel sheets Nate and I are welding in as skid plate front floors.

We will also be placing this on the rear and sides as well as the high corners.

Most people use aluminum type but we wanted weight on the Mutt as well as strength.

Rear passenger quater panel with first paint coat.

Last one updated hood picture with TMTC and MR6 as well as other stickers.

Thanks for letting us be part of the whole thing guys we love this web page more then any other one!

Bleddyn and Nate Cynfyn
Team G-503
FORD RACING
1962 Ford M151 Runner Project
Henrietta, TX

sickrick

Reaction
You really don't want to add any weight that doesn't absolutley have to be there. For every pound you add you have to make the suspension that much stronger, it is a vicious cycle.

Use the lightest components that can get the job done. That floor should be 18g or
20g not 1/4 inch plate. Keep up the good work.

Hummerkiller

Reaction
Side Kick you would be right if this were a bigger rig, but the unibody stripped down weighs less then 800 pounds!

This is a 1/4 vehicle wet, so a little weight will give us strength as well as keep us on the ground.

If this rig could be any lighter it would not weigh anything at all...LOL

The Bronco II frame will add additional weight that shoud balance everything out.

Thanks for the great reply my son Nate lives for replies...LOL

Bleddyn and Nate Cynfyn