• Forum membership has its advantages....

Build Your Own Race Car or Truck Program

Doug

Wizard Schools of Fabrication is now offering our Build Your Own Program to those interested in building an off-road race car or truck. The Build Your Own Program involves training in welding and fabrication, then you completely build your own chassis and suspension arms and keep it (hopefully to finish it and race it!).

As every race car or truck chassis is different, please contact us for further details. You can call toll free at 877-949-3227.

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
We'll probably be calling to schedule a tour soon, but I was wondering how it works if a group/team wants to work together on the same vehicle? Is it the same $10k per?

Doug

We'll probably be calling to schedule a tour soon, but I was wondering how it works if a group/team wants to work together on the same vehicle? Is it the same $10k per?
Each additional person on a Build Your Own project will be at a much less cost. The actual total price of the program depends on a few things, one of them being the size and amount of tubing used (for example a truck would take a lot more tubing than 5-1600 Baja, plus it would be larger diameter tubing).

fab101

Wizard Schools just signed a student up for the new race car class. His name is Jake and he wants to build a class 1 off road race car. This car will be built from 2" .120 4130 with the big uniballs and big spindles from Desert Specialties. To the best of my knowledge this is the first time in the world that someone is going to build their own high end off road race car with no prior experience. He started last weekend learning how to tig weld. this weekend he will start bending some 2" 4130 and laying them down on a jig table we have ready for him. We will be updated pics of this build after the frame is started... so keep an eye out for this one.

fab101

The class 1 race car build your own and keep it class will be supplied with most materials. Wizard schools supplies all of the 2" .120 4130 all uniballs and cups, 1 1/4" heims for the rear, front spindles, rear carrier plates for the trailing arms, 4130 laser cut tabs and brackets for the suspension components, 4130 bulk head plates. Wizard School also supplies students with their automatic welding helmet, and all safety gear and jacket. We teach each student how to mig and tig weld, we also teach the students how to tube bend and tube notch. We will have basic plans available for these build for the students to fallow. The price of this class is pretty cheap if you looking how much a rolling class 1 chassis cost. We only charge $16,500 and its yours to keep and take home and race. Keep in mind you still need to supply shocks, rims, tires, engine, trans, steering, ect... You also have to option to add a friend to this build. We also supply the "friend" with his/her own welding helmet, jacket and knowledge of building a car. the extra cost to add a friend is only $3,000 each! Any questions or if you want a tour of our school call us at 951-683-4199 and ask for me (Chris)

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
sweet looking chassis. is Danny Porter and Billy Gasper teaching this class as well?? the chassis looks like a Poter.

fab101

Good question, the frame you see came from a 6-man team in our nighttime class under Danny Porters teaching. At night we have Danny Porter and Billy Gasper as main instructors. During the daytime and weekends we have other highly talented fabricators teaching these classes. During the weekdays Danny and Billy run Porter Race Cars, so we are fortunate enough to have them in our class at nighttime. According to Billy and Danny this is how a chassis and frame should be built, I agree with them. Structurally this car is far stronger them most frames out there. We have some blueprints and plans available for these cars, so the weekend and day time students have a little more understanding on the structure of the frame. Come down and see the school for your self, I would be happy to show you around and give you a tour. Ask for Chris (951) 683-4199

Doug

The Build Your Own race car course is also available in AZ, spots are filling pretty quick, so anyone wanting to get in on this soon give me a call.