• Forum membership has its advantages....

Building a truck for multiple series.

bobsson

Hey guys,

So I have a full size Bronco that I can roll around like OJ in that's already legal for the MORE/SNORE class 2000 and I was hoping to enter it into some BITD races. I was originally thinking 8000 until I realized it allowed linked trucks.

I went through the BITD rulebook and don't really see any other class that's comparable to MORE/SNORE 2000. Is there a class I may have overlooked? I don't want to link the Bronco as I'd prefer to stay in 2000 instead of going into 1450. I know you can make leaf sprung trucks extremely fast, and I'm not trying to turn this into a link vs leaf debate either, I'd just like a leaf sprung class if ones available.

Thanks.

J Prich

There is no Class 2000 equivalent in BITD. Class 7100 is for stock V-6 minis. 7100 and Jeepspeed are pretty much the only leaf spring classes left I think. You could race open sportsman in 8100 but that's open to anyone too. Only thing I would suggest is looking in to the Vintage classes depending on how old your Bronco is, maybe someone more familiar with those rules can share some insight but pretty much your options are limited with your set up in BITD.

bobsson

There is no Class 2000 equivalent in BITD. Class 7100 is for stock V-6 minis. 7100 and Jeepspeed are pretty much the only leaf spring classes left I think. You could race open sportsman in 8100 but that's open to anyone too. Only thing I would suggest is looking in to the Vintage classes depending on how old your Bronco is, maybe someone more familiar with those rules can share some insight but pretty much your options are limited with your set up in BITD.
That's what I was thinking. With the Bronco being V8 that wouldn't fly. It's a 91 so it wouldn't qualify for a vintage class for a few more years. I think the newest a vintage class car can he is 84 or something.

Bro_Gill

You can run it in the rock donkey class. It should be legal and while may not fit the street definition of a rock crawler, should be legal for the class.

TRichards

Mint 400 rule applies for the rest of the year. 82 and older is Vintage and 83 to 93 is Vintage open.