bull riding

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
has anyone ever done it? where in southern california can a person go to try it or do it? I went to a rodeo last june or 2 junes ago in jackson hole wyoming and was tempted to sign up for the bulling event but after the first guy got karted out on a stretcher i thought better of it. Since then i have wanted to try it in a more beginner friendly environment.

any one have insight?

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Tried it once. I did some work as a rodeo clown in my younger years. Right of passage, before you can do saves as a clown you have to ride the bull to earn respect. Longest 3.5 seconds of my life. Couple rodeo guys have camps in california. Try www.sankeyrodeo.com they have several around the country.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
i do not want to become pro or even an amature i just want to throw a leg over the beast and give it a whirl.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
should I post the picture Gregg lol
haha dont wanna scare all of rdc as well there buddy. and that doesnt count it was a mechanical bull and i was no were near in a state of mind where any thing but an awesome time for the spectators was gonna occur

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
haha dont wanna scare all of rdc as well there buddy. and that doesnt count it was a mechanical bull and i was no were near in a state of mind where any thing but an awesome time for the spectators was gonna occur
Is that what inspired you to make this post? It was pretty awesome when Derek went on before you for about 14 seconds and no one cheered and then you got on it for about 2.5 seconds and the place went nuts! lol

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Is that what inspired you to make this post? It was pretty awesome when Derek went on before you for about 14 seconds and no one cheered and then you got on it for about 2.5 seconds and the place went nuts! lol
kinda. re inspired me i guess. plus watching nitro circus and jackass doesnt hurt

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
There used to be a bar here that had a little mini bull ring on the side of it. Gates and everything. It was called Mr Luckys. For like 50 bucks you could give it a try on Wednesdays. Just sign a form and they let ya ride a real bull. . I had a skater buddy that used to say all the time that he coulda been a bull rider. Then we found out about the bar and made him do it. It was nothing short of awesome.

He diddnt do to bad and actually went and did it again a few weeks later.

It was kinda funny to see a bunch of skaters in this cowboy bar on wednesdays.

BTW, if ya ever get the chance to hook up with a cowgirl, do it!

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
dan you coulda witnessed rdc history friday night in glendale haha.
I always do better on the mechanical bull when i am hammered. Or maybe I just think I do.

what did you do last friday, bull or cowgirl?

I saw the pic of fish and the bull on DR.

Chase 2

Reaction
When I was in college at Idaho State University, they had a college rodeo program that competed in Big Sky College Rodeo. My first roommate in the dorms was a "full ride scholarship" Bull Rider. His girlfriend had a full ride as a barrel racer. Anyway, he always tried to talk me into trying it. "You'll love it!" "Its like having 1000 horsepower between you legs going everywhere all at once!" There was something about his ribs always being taped, or arm in a sling that kept me away. His girlfriend had a bumper sticker on her El Camino that said: "Bull Riders ain't so great, they think 10 seconds is a long ride!"

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
In high school my redneck buddys thought that i should "STEER WRESTLE" my thought was why the hell would I jump of a perfectly good horse and wrestle a 300 pound steer to the ground? I did it for 6 months the sudden ground deceleration poisnings got real old. I stayed with desert racing bikes It was less painful.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
In high school my redneck buddys thought that i should "STEER WRESTLE" my thought was why the hell would I jump of a perfectly good horse and wrestle a 300 pound steer to the ground? I did it for 6 months the sudden ground deceleration poisnings got real old. I stayed with desert racing bikes It was less painful.
have you even been to the i think its called "million dollar cowboy bar" in jackson hole?

we went to the rodeo arean that wa skinda on the outskirts of the town i think and then spent a few night causing a rukus in the city couple summers ago

HotRod82

Reaction
A good friend of mine that lurks here on RDC got this same crazy idea about 6 mos ago. He was nearly killed...yes really. He was put on a bull that should have been for seasoned pros only and he paid dearly for it. At least when you fall off a motorcycle it doesn't turn around and try to finish you off....don't do it man! The only funny part of the story was I texted him the next day to see how it went and he sent me back a picture of his hospital ID band with no further explanation. I was like..."oh **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**!"

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
A good friend of mine that lurks here on RDC got this same crazy idea about 6 mos ago. He was nearly killed...yes really. He was put on a bull that should have been for seasoned pros only and he paid dearly for it. At least when you fall off a motorcycle it doesn't turn around and try to finish you off....don't do it man! The only funny part of the story was I texted him the next day to see how it went and he sent me back a picture of his hospital ID band with no further explanation. I was like..."oh **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**!"
crappy luck. but still not to scurred to think about doing it. ill just make sure i do not go to where your friend went