Bumpstop rebuild?

singlehanded

Reaction
My drivers side bumpstop hydraulic sway-away looks like it might be leaking there is a oily buildup near the base. I had them on my truck a year and a half and havent done too much offroading with it rialto race, 1 glamis trip and maybe 10-15 dezert trips. Here are some photos. Is it time for a rebuild? Who should I take it to in north orange county or close, how much can I exspect to pay per stop.
thanks,
John

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

Attachments

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Talk to Swayaway and tell them your seals are leaking and they will replace them for free.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

motoxscott

Reaction
I would just bite the bullet and pay someone to change the seals for you. If you had them on for 1-1/2 years it sounds like they lasted long enough. After all it's an offroad race component that wears. If it happened right after you got them then I would ask SAW to replace them at no charge.

We dont need shock prices to go even higher because people take advantage of good customer service. :) As you can see my brother and I have different opinions.

I'm not real familar with your area, but you could call SAW and see where they have dealers down there that can do it for you. Any reputable offroad shop should be able to do it for you though.

-Scott

singlehanded

Reaction
Ya, I really dont feal like sending them to saw for 2 months, I e-mailed them and maybe they will send me some new seal them I can rebuild them myself or take it to a local shop. Does anybody know if camburg rebuilds saw bumpstop and how much?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
If I made and sold a product that had faulty seals, I'd consider it good customer service to replace it as which Swayaway does right now.

Camburg can change it for you, I don't know how much they would charge however, give them a call monday.

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks, I would rather pay and have them done in a day or two them have them a swayaway 2 months and not pay.

FordFreak

Reaction
John you might try Imzz Industries(575-0072), they are around the intersection of La Palma and Katella off the 91.

Adam
Wonder what the view from my truck would look like 10 feet in the air?
'99 F-150 V8

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Take them to Kartek and talk with Mike A or Pete and have them rebuilt and setup for your application...off the shelf bumps were not made for a Ranger so get them dialed if you are already paying for a rebuild.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

singlehanded

Reaction
got any idea how much two rebuilt bumps will run roughly $$$$$
You going to rialto this week end?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I think 50 a pop would be in the ballpark

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks

singlehanded

Reaction
I am trying the get the bumpstops out of there holder. I took off the bolts on each side, let the air out and even put some wd40 around the top and bottom. I am trying to pull them out the bottom but they just wont budge. Am I doing it wrong any help or tips would be awsome.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
When I took mine out I had to spray WD-40 and hit the top with a rubber mallet. Just don't hit the schrader valve, hit the can itself. Also rather then just trying to pull them out, also try turning them at the same time.

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks I just didnt want to start smashing them to pieces. They are soaking inwd40 right now and I'll use the rubber hammer a little bit harder.