• Forum membership has its advantages....

Burleson class 1

Bro_Gill

Ah, Mr. Burleson, just say you're experimenting on new ideas and leave it at that. Trying to say you have designed the ultimate end all and be all without any actual proof of being is a bit high minded. I love experimenting. Bunderson has always been one of my favorites. I have seen stuff he built that never made it out there for public consumption. Same with the junkyard of inventiveness at what was Parker Bros. towing and junk yard. So many ideas that were tried. Heck. I think I saw a front/mid engine 4wd all independent suspension Bronco from Steve Mizel back in the 1980s. I am just trying to keep you real. I know plenty of folks who stated they were going to change the off road world as we all know it, from Flooger to The Gun to Robert and his Green Grave Digger racing suit. And yet, here we are, still. I hope you actually complete the thing and win lots of races, especially as a class 1 beating the trophy Trucks, they need a chin check every now and again. I just find it a little forward to say you have done all this with a new car that doesn't even exist yet. If I win the lottery, you will be on my 'to call' list.

J Burleson

Bro Gil, I think you may be reading into the statements a bit much. Myself, and Zac, never stated that we "DID" design a be all end all. Only that we think (confidence, not arrogance) it can be a dominant chassis. What am I supposed to say about a product I'm selling that I put a TON of thought and effort into? "meh, it should be ok, I guess?" lol I just want to keep it positive, and am STOKED that people are noticing this car. Ive had a bunch of really good feedback from those Ive spoke with about it, and cant wait to see the first one in the dirt to see how all the thought and planning translates to the real world! If anyone has any questions about the chassis, feel free to ask!

Bro Gil, I look forward to your call when you hit that Jackpot!!
Cheers!

Bro_Gill

You know, when you end any statement with 'Cheers!', it sounds like another lottery win announcement from Nigeria that I get told about in an email.

J Burleson

Big wheel travel is hard to find with IRS! My chassis bumps with ~4" ground clearance on 39/40's By choosing the right diff, hubs and wheels we were able to achieve the big travel and low cv angles while maintaining a reasonable track width of 92".

I dont know specs on Scott's truck pictured above, but it is for sale, so... buy it and find out!! he builds some RAD stuff!

Michael Cohen

Bro Gil, I think you may be reading into the statements a bit much. Myself, and Zac, never stated that we "DID" design a be all end all. Only that we think (confidence, not arrogance) it can be a dominant chassis. What am I supposed to say about a product I'm selling that I put a TON of thought and effort into? "meh, it should be ok, I guess?" lol I just want to keep it positive, and am STOKED that people are noticing this car. Ive had a bunch of really good feedback from those Ive spoke with about it, and cant wait to see the first one in the dirt to see how all the thought and planning translates to the real world! If anyone has any questions about the chassis, feel free to ask!

Bro Gil, I look forward to your call when you hit that Jackpot!!
Cheers!
It was a pleasure meeting and speaking with you at Vegas to Reno. I was with Conner McMullen (#1020 GettheTea.com Alumi Craft) and enjoyed your perspective on future off-road designs Don't let the naysayers or self appointed experts (smell the sarcasm? LOL) quell your talent and enthusiasm. One of the things that Danny Thompson, as well as many of us, admired about his dad Mickey, is that he WAS NOT AFRAID TO TRY ANYTHING! He was not afraid of failure and his innovations throughout the years in all forms of Motorsports has paid off several times over to our benefit.

Keep up the great work and thinking outside the box! Looking forward to seeing your designs come alive.

Best regards,
Mike
3amiggg.jpg

C.J. Hutchins

I thought score made a solid axle rule for TT?? They made that rule for no truggies in class 1 and I thought no IRS in TT??

J Burleson

Hey Mike, it was great meeting you and Connor as well! I didnt get a chance to speak with too many teams at V2R(everyone was hiding in the AC!)but those that I did talk to were all really rad and the positive feedback I got made the trip well worth while! It would have been alot easier to design a standard Class 1 or TT chassis, but where is the fun in that! Lol

C.J.- SCORE did NOT ban IRS in TT. Only live axle in Class 1. Early on in the design phase of this chassis I spoke with Roger about the "transaxle" inclusion in the class 1 rules(as they were rewritten for the live axle ban) He spoke with a number of class 1 teams, from my understanding, and changed the rules for class 1 so as to no longer require a transaxle, only that they MUST be IRS.