Burned Cars in the desert… Dale and the New Dale mining district!

rmirandayopo

Burned Cars in the desert… Dale and the New Dale mining district!

We found a couple of burned cars close to the sand dunes…

What happens with the “Do not trash California” attitude?

What options do we have to remove them?

There is some form to report those to the National Forest Service, even that they are not inside the park? Are they going to do something about it?

What about the military station at 29 Palms? Do they care?

What other law enforcement authority we can contact to let them now about it?

It is OK to offer them some help? Like towing those cars close to pavement?

Do you have any advice? Please post some ideas that I can use to take care of the problem… thanks a lot folks!!!

Chase 2

Get rid of the high desert tweekers. Call local Berdu Sheriff office to report abandoned cars.

Random Thoughts Racing

I wouldnt tamper with the cars, perhaps there is a county abandoned vehicle hotline? Also try CHP as they have jurisdiction in many unincorporated areas.

WickedGravityVideo

here in the western CO desert, BLM land, we always find new burned carcasses. They can either be junkers left from a night of partying, shooting, and burning; cars that were crashed by drunks and still have valid registrations; cars that are stolen and crashed/burned, or burned and abandoned by owner for insurance fraud. In any case, I always will call the BLM rangers or stop by their office and tell them about the car(s). They go out and make a report. Though your intentions are good, I would not move them myself if I were you.

rmirandayopo

Thanks for a quick response… moving them for my self was not part of my idea, but thanks so much for the reminder. I’ll contact a ranger that work with us in the “Adopt A Trail” program for his input. I’ll post wherever my finding is…

All mentioned are good reasons for those cars been burned that way…

I crawled over one of them…temptation was huge!!!

Roberto.

Attachments

pjc

Chairman
Get rid of the high desert tweekers. Call local Berdu Sheriff office to report abandoned cars.

Ya sure it's hi-dez tweakers? Likely city scumbags looking to collect insurance on a car they can no longer pay for.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Ya sure it's hi-dez tweakers? Likely city scumbags looking to collect insurance on a car they can no longer pay for.
Yeah no chit. The tweekers would take the cars apart and try to sell the parts on craigslist:D

bajadude53

I have found a late model 1/2 ton chevy, an 04 F250 crewcab and a 06 or 07 lexus GX470 out in my favorite riding area. The CHP are the ones to call.

Chase 2

Sorry, just tweekers, shouldn't have singled out the high desert scumbags, I forgot they live in the city too!

ultrablew

As part of a clea-up DRIVE did recently in Plaster City, it was mentioned by Doug with the BLM present that it is not ok to move or remove vehicles left behind. If you can identify a VIN, write it down or at least a type of vehicle if you can tell and the best description of the location of the abandoned vehicle. Report it to the BLM and they will proceed with what needs to be done further.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
head up lone mountian road in vegas past the gravel pit their are at least 20 burned out hulks on the side of that mountian I'd like to know HOW some of them got so far up the trail before the bonfire???

foto1

Here's some pics that were taken at Plaster City West in the early '90's of a
gov. vehicle (BLM). The 2 long distance pics were taken because there was
ammo still in the vehicle.

Carlos
C and C Race Photo's

Attachments

Vtr_Racing

BOTL for people illegal dumping. I have come across more than one person dumping televisions, refrigerators and yardwork out on our trails. Get plate numbers. Sucks when your hauling down a trail than see a refrigerator in the middle of as you enjoy your ride.

RojoOjoRacin

I saw some people get arrested @ apex for taking parts off of a brand new tundra that someone launched off a cliff. Seat belt tied to the steering wheel & a huge rock on the gas pedal. An off duty cop just so happened to be riding his quad on a saturday & called in.

I once found a new Caddie wadded in the Dez, noted the dealership, stopped by on my way home. Learned it was a customer's car, stolen from the service drive.

Dealer was happy to learn of it's whereabouts, and gave me dinner-for-two at a nice joint.

troyharper

DA Meatball
head up lone mountian road in vegas past the gravel pit their are at least 20 burned out hulks on the side of that mountian I'd like to know HOW some of them got so far up the trail before the bonfire???
Jeff thats just due west of my house! When your back down here lets go riding.

Randy Spiker

My advice is to follow the words of the legendary Duke Nukem....... and ...... well...... make 'em vanish. Vaporize 'em! :D

Otherwise, tow 'em, bury 'em or just contact BLM...... they shoot Horses, don't they?!!! :mad:

Calilove1

Not sure of the location of these but I do know that removing them takes some coordination. We do quite a few abandoned vehicle recoveries each year for the San Bernadino Forest. I'm not sure of specifics, and I'm sure it changes for each juridiction, but we, as a club (www.h1psychosquad.com), get contacted and are given specifics.

X # of vehicles
Located approx. X, X, & X (since we are primarily in the mountains with our recoveries it gets interesting when a vehicle is hundreds of feet off an embankment)
Depending on where they are and how far apart we are given instructions where to tow each one to.... usually it's set up for a CHP recovery once we get it to a location they can get to. :)