Bus flanges/ Bug trans

bajaruner11

RDC Crypto
No stock bus flanges will not fit the type 1 bug trans. However you can purchase the bug flanges already modified to fit the bus cv in the bug flange. I can't remember who does the mod but I do remember buying them at Off Road Warehouse. Hope this helps

artjr979

RDC Crypto
Trans forms makes all that stuff.
Transform
Address: 2105 W Cowles St, Long Beach, CA 90813
Phone: (562) 435-2966

Ryno

RDC Crypto
I just got done dealing with this. New flanges type 1-type 2 are about $85. They go onto the type 1 (bug) trans, and are the right size for type 2(bus) CV's. Gotta get the CV's clearajced to accept a 930 bolt (3/8"), as the flanges are tapped for 3/8". If I were to do it again, and didn't get an insane deal on the CV's, I would have just gone straight to 930's. Not worth all the hassle, and the 930's are bulletproof for a standard-mid travel buggy.

FullsizeFun

RDC Crypto
Thanks for the info
I am going to 930's when I get the money for it. Just bought combo spindles, king bypasses, and 300m bars.
I just wasn't sure if it was a bolt-on deal. I can make the flanges myself, just needed to know what was what. I allready have a bunch of bus cv's, might as well use them.
Also, The type-1 axles will work with the type-2 cv's right, the splines are the same right?

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
RDC Crypto
Every baja bug in mexico has it done in a shop.....

omar

ntsqd

RDC Crypto
The other way to do this is to find the output flanges from a Thing. They have the T2/Bus CV's on both ends of the halfshafts, but use the passenger car t/a. I have a set of these that may be FS as soon as I find out whether a friend needs them or not.