Martin

Reaction
call Joe Giffin 714-632-1240

07FJRog

Reaction
Eric at Transworks in El cajon

cogbox

Reaction
are you looking for a builder or what you need to do to the trans. if you are looking for what to do to the trans this is my opinion: 091 super diff with 4130 diff cover, a full 4130 super diff would be best. close ratio 1-4 gear. 4130 sleeve the pinion bore in the case, dual gusset on case also. bush the gear carrier (shift rod bores and main shaft bore). main shaft thrust plate. re bush the nose cone shift rod bore. machine in 1/4 mid-mount in gear carrier and bell housing mount plate. weddle ring and pinion (worth every penny).you can start with a 5 rib 002,a 091 or 094 trans they all work great.
hope this helps you in your quest.:D

David Casas

Reaction
are you looking for a builder or what you need to do to the trans. if you are looking for what to do to the trans this is my opinion: 091 super diff with 4130 diff cover, a full 4130 super diff would be best. close ratio 1-4 gear. 4130 sleeve the pinion bore in the case, dual gusset on case also. bush the gear carrier (shift rod bores and main shaft bore). main shaft thrust plate. re bush the nose cone shift rod bore. machine in 1/4 mid-mount in gear carrier and bell housing mount plate. weddle ring and pinion (worth every penny).you can start with a 5 rib 002,a 091 or 094 trans they all work great.
hope this helps you in your quest.:D
Thanks for the opinion, is this just a set up that worked for you?

I work at VW Paradise in San Marcos and there wasnt any trans. lying around so im on the prowl now. jajaja.

cogbox

Reaction
Thanks for the opinion, is this just a set up that worked for you?

I work at VW Paradise in San Marcos and there wasnt any trans. lying around so im on the prowl now. jajaja.
yeah that is the stuff that makes the gear box last. you can do it cheaper but you will have to replace more when you service it. spend the money now so you don't have to cry later:D