• Forum membership has its advantages....

Busch

Did anyone else happen to catch the Busch race on Saturday? Jimmie Johnson, former off-road racer took his first Busch win. It was pretty awesome, They even mentioned his off road past. I am stoked to see these guys doing so well outside of off-road. Even Robby finishing so poorly yesterday he still got $53k pretty nice pay, even though it goes to the team owner, You would have to race Terribles Town race and win the overall 5 times for that amount. I wish Robby and Jimmie the best of luck in Nascar or wherever else there careers take them, oh yeah dont forget to visit your roots in the off-season.

mustafa

They had a CORR race on yesterday and LeDuc, Baldwin and Machacaren were racing. Does anybody know how much CORR pays out to class winners?

send more money, guns and lawyers

Jimmy8

Dont forget about Brendan Gaughn. He use to drive a CORR truck for Walker Evans and now he is driving in the NASCAR Winston West series in the Napa car. I also saw an interview with Jimmie Johnson on RPM Tonight. Next year he has a Winston Cup deal and is going to be team mates with Jeff Gordon.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Speaking of NASCAR. Is anybody on this board into rally (WRC) racing? Just wondering if anyone besides me like to watch the best drivers in the world out of all motorsports!

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

RacerX

Those rally guys are so good. They drive those cars like there no tomarrow. They are amazing. I wish I could drive like that.

Of course we are into Rally racing. I think it was the day after new years it was on for over 8 hours straight, Klaus taped the whole thing and we were on the phone every 15 minutes. "Did you see that" Those guys are very good at what they do.. I would not want to be co-pilot though. I get sick trying to read in a moving car. :)

Junior

Those rally drivers are awesome. They drive like they have every turn memorized........because they do! Those rally races are often run in short spurts of 15 to 30 miles each. Then the cars are gone over, while the drivers rest and prepare for another short spurt, sometimes the same day. It is important to consider that most of these rally races are done in many short "sections" making it possible to memorize each and every upcoming turn. Those roads are pretty smooth also! I saw highlights last night of a rally racer that ran over a rock in the road the size of a grape fruit. The rock split the oil pan open on that glorified grocery getter and he was done for the day.

Junior
EJR Racing #244

mxjeremy

<font color=red>Who can say that rally is NOT cool?</font color=red>
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.worldrally.net/photos/oz99sainz2.jpg>www.worldrally.net/photos/oz99sainz2.jpg</A>

Junior

Rally IS way cool. How can they get away with such a small amount of ground clearance and travel? Those things are airborne quite often. Is it due to the car being light? We need a Rally thread!

Junior
EJR Racing #244

<font color=red>MxJeremy, how about these...... The snow shot is my favorite... now that is driving, imagine landing on snow at speed like that.... (yes I like Toyota ;) )

If someone ever buys my 7 truck I might try rally racing someday :)

Curtis<font color=red>

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jdfab on 07/17/01 07:30 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I guess that answeres my question....... :)
I want a WRX sooooooooo BAD! I had one orderd when they first were coming available but oppted out for the Bronco instead, why? I'm really not sure.

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

mxjeremy

Curtis,
Those shots are awesome. I can't imagine trying to land a car on a snowy road.
I even slid out my ol` Toyota 4x4 up in big bear trying to keep up w/ a stupid Honda
Civic in the corners. Imagine landing a 3-5 foot jump going 70mph+, then drifting the
car thru a corner immediately afterwards, and only inches from the edge of a cliff.

Damn, that's hot ! ! !

Yeah, I love toyota too. They NEVER, EVER die. But I think if I was gonna get a
rally car, I agree with Shaun, that the only way to go would be a Subaru WRX.

ps - Does anyone have GT3 besides me? Rally in that game is awesome ! ! !

Jimmy8

I have GT3. That game is awesome. I cant stay away from it. The rallying is rad, and the street racing is also awesome. I have been waiting for so long for that game to come out, and I am not disappointed in the least bit. If you have a PS2 Gran Turismo 3 is a must.