Bushing question

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I know this isn't "Shop" but whatever. My buddy just the Total Chaos "Caddy Kit" and wants to know what is the best stuff to lube the polyurethane bushings and where to buy it.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Dont bother if you drive in the dirt....it will last for about one trip in the dirt and then it will bwe squeaking like crazy again. Just get used to it lol....turn up the stereo

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

ntsqd

Reaction
Actually there is a lube that you can use that won't go away. Silicone Grease as supplied by either Baker Precision or Energy Suspension. Not just any silicone grease, but some from either vendor. Word on the street is that it is exactly the same grease regardless of who you get it from.
Apply liberally to all metal to urethane contact areas, whether they move relative to each other or not. Wipe off the excess only after the assembly is complete.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I'll have to try it to beleve it lol. I have yet to find one that will last for more than one trip...I'll try that stuff out and let you know cause I am in the desert every single weekend.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

JPDesertsports

Reaction
I heard Astroglide works. lol

"You're not a bad driver, you just ran out of talent." - Mike Stapleton

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Fish need to take that to Ocotillo for his night runs with the little girls.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

ntsqd

Reaction
What I'm told is that with that grease if they're going to squeak they;ll either squeak right away, or when they do start to squeak the bushings need replacing. This from a local shop owner.
I could relate my own experiences, except after 1.5 months I STILL don't have the Sub's trans back. I'm glad I didn't need it for a race.......

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Thats the same grease I use now on our class one and use to use on my 7s it works GREAT.