Buy the 6100 or the 1?

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
2 of the cars signed up for Parker are converted 10/2400 cars not old class 1’s

Samco Fab

RDC Crypto
A Jimco 2000 chassis would haul balls with a sealed LS3, I don't like all the new classes but there is a lot of 1 cars sitting around collecting dust. Porter and HMS built a ton of cars a decade ago, did they all ship to Australia?

It seems like a 10 car with a LS3 would fall apart with big tires and a V8.

I noticed Kovach won some races in his converted 7200 to 6100 truck. I converted my 7200 to 6100 as well.

classifieds.race-dezert.com/ad-details.php?category=66&adid=134036

Last edited:

johnnyweb

RDC Crypto
Website
johnnyscustomautobody.com
in the last 3 years: class one went from 50 cars to 20 and 6100 went from 1 truck to 44......hhhhhmmmmm
Well lets see I don't know of anyone that switched down to 6100 from class1 there might be a couple out there but not off the top of my head. People coming up from lower class's seem to think 6100 are cheap to race and you don't have to prep them so the class has gotten big thats for sure. After all that's your advise right Pete. Problem is after a couple years people are board with the stock engine and realize to win you need to prep and spend $.

Though I have not raced my 1 car yet. I am very familiar with the cost of parts on it and have raced for years and know racing expenses. I also have a good grasp on economics and see the more expensive part of 6100 and the more expensive part of class 1 and can do the trade off math. The only real part I see being more expensive is the engine. So a properly maintained class 1 engine IMO should be freshened 2 times a season. A new 6100 engine good for 1 season. Depending on you engine builder do the math from there. Anyway flame away at will.

Dirty Harry

RDC Crypto
Website
www.harrysituations.com
Same engine, 6200 would be super fun and cheaper to pick up a good 10 year old Class 1 car and convert it. They better run good oiling , I blew up a backward facing LS motor due to oiling.

You definitely did a number on that engine!

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

ICR Racing 1044

RDC Crypto
Ignorant question...sorry, but has a 6200 actually raced yet since they started the class? If so, what were the results?

There are 5 of us signed up for Parker so far. 4 out of 5 are actually 2400's as we combined classes. but so far only 1 actual class 1 car Donalad says he knows of 2 others, so I am SURE more will come

Rocket 450

RDC Crypto
There are 5 of us signed up for Parker so far. 4 out of 5 are actually 2400's as we combined classes. but so far only 1 actual class 1 car Donalad says he knows of 2 others, so I am SURE more will come

So is 2400 now 6200 and there is no longer 2400.. Or was it combined for some other reason?

ICR Racing 1044

RDC Crypto
So is 2400 now 6200 and there is no longer 2400.. Or was it combined for some other reason?

Correct. BITD and Ford wants class's with higher numbers, so originally we were going to join the class 10's with a 2.0 and stock CPU, but a couple of the racers shut that down. Then at the end of last year Ford discontinued the 2.0 ecoboost which bumped us up to the 2.3. So with the extra power I told Donald if you let us Tune we will go 6200. So we will see how it goes this weekend hoping the weight to power ratio will keep us competitive, we haven't had nearly enough time to figure out the 2.3 yet ( just dropped it in the car and wired it this weekend) so really by The Mint 400 will be the true test.

RedRover

RDC Crypto
Correct. BITD and Ford wants class's with higher numbers, so originally we were going to join the class 10's with a 2.0 and stock CPU, but a couple of the racers shut that down. Then at the end of last year Ford discontinued the 2.0 ecoboost which bumped us up to the 2.3. So with the extra power I told Donald if you let us Tune we will go 6200. So we will see how it goes this weekend hoping the weight to power ratio will keep us competitive, we haven't had nearly enough time to figure out the 2.3 yet ( just dropped it in the car and wired it this weekend) so really by The Mint 400 will be the true test.

What transaxle will you run with the 2.3? Why not bump up to the 3.5 to cut down on the power deficit?

Attachments

• rules.jpg
    rules.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 173

ICR Racing 1044

RDC Crypto
It's all about the weight to power ratio. Everyone has their own recipe for success, we believe in light and nimble. The 3.5 weigh just as much as the LS3.
Plus We do not own a class 1 chassis, If you throw another 150 lbs. in the rear of your car it will throw off the balance. Not to say it CAN'T be done, but I don't believe it is the right package. We were mid pack class 10 guys when Ford approached us. We jumped into the 2.0 without hesitation as there was no downside. suddenly we could run with the fast guys in class 10. NOW they came out with the 2.3. With in DAYS after that Donald told me he wanted to see higher numbers in the class. It was then decided if BITD and FORD let us tune the 2.3 and didn't allow the others motors to tune then we would race the bigger stronger cars.
It proved to be a success thins weekend in Parker. I had passed the LS3 cars and 11 6100's in the first lap. would have had a great day, but I Got tangled up with another 6100 busting up all the lights in the front of my car, broke radio, ripped of front break lines and bent 2 rims. It cost me to much time and we missed time out of main pit on lap 3 by 2 minutes so we were forced to call it.

RedRover

RDC Crypto
Good feedback, sorry for the DNF. What are your thoughts on the power difference between the 2.0 and the tuned 2.3? Noticeable difference?

BitD1084

RDC Crypto
We have a class 1 chassis with the 2.0 ecoboost. Are we as fast as the light nimble cars? No. But on the up side, at the speeds we are running now, our car can take that kind of abuse verses the light class 10 chassis that some of the other guys are running. As for power, its all in how its tuned.

ICR Racing 1044

RDC Crypto
Yes Jerry, trucks are bad ass! But the buggies are a good time..............
Disagree, majorly. They are more comfortable sure, but I like to actually feel the race course. anyway I was EATING them up at Parker with 100 less HP a foot less travel not to mention my car is 15+ years old and most 6100's are relatively new.
every one has there preferences.
plus Our team dosn't have the budget for a competitive 6100 at least not race after race year after year. So to me it's cool being the underdog too!