BWDC Questions

desertspeed

Reaction
This will be our first time racing the BWDC. Does anyone know if the starts are side by side or one at a time? Also, is the Python open course or speed controlled like it was at the 425?

Thanks!

AZracefan

Reaction
Top qualifier starts alone, rest of the field starts 2 at a time. Similar to the 425, some areas have speed limit some parts are race speed. The area south of the hay barn is usually race speed, at least thats how the last BWDC was ran.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Last BWDC we raced was full speed in the python with a hot pit speed limit. Really looking forward to the race!

Vision Hype

Reaction
Does anyone know if the course will be the same as the previous BWDC? Also, Where the pits and hot pits may be? I know i heard some stuff about the land being limited due to covid.

bobylax

Reaction
Last BWDC we raced was full speed in the python with a hot pit speed limit. Really looking forward to the race!
You or the Beavers breaking out the big lumber to race this one, or is Jim and Trent running the golf cart?

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
You or the Beavers breaking out the big lumber to race this one, or is Jim and Trent running the golf cart?
We're going to take the cart out for a round. TT still needs to get wrapped up on prep and sold.

I've also heard rumors of minor course changes, but hot pits should be the usual location in the Parker Python, adjacent to the CRIT dump.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Does anyone know if the course will be the same as the previous BWDC? Also, Where the pits and hot pits may be? I know i heard some stuff about the land being limited due to covid.
There are a couple of key changes with the most significant being the elimination of racing down Riverside road. It’s my understanding this was done for a couple reasons. 24 mile laps. And hotpits on the North portion of the python like usual. Should be a great race!! Looking forward to this one for sure!

Dhigbee

Reaction
There are a couple of key changes with the most significant being the elimination of racing down Riverside road. It’s my understanding this was done for a couple reasons. 24 mile laps. And hotpits on the North portion of the python like usual. Should be a great race!! Looking forward to this one for sure!
I don’t get the 2 day format or not racing down riverside . Must be too much Covid by the Bluewater and the river ....... lol

johnnyweb

Reaction
Riverside road was a fun section for sure. Also great for spectators and boating spectators. Oh well.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
The main pit camping passes and off-road vehicle permits are sold at the gate, right?

MTPyle

Reaction
The main pit camping passes and off-road vehicle permits are sold at the gate, right?
Yes, when you come into the pit areas on either entrance.

and make sure you stick them on good. The last two races we have raced there the stickers come off and then they come and make you buy a new one. Haha. They must use the worst sticker glue ever.

Mike

JDDurfey

Reaction
Yes, when you come into the pit areas on either entrance.

and make sure you stick them on good. The last two races we have raced there the stickers come off and then they come and make you buy a new one. Haha. They must use the worst sticker glue ever.

Mike
Pretty smart marketing right there, if you ask me.

ht racing

Reaction
there is no spectating at this race as far as on the bitd website how there going to control that i am not sure.

Riverguy553

Reaction
So much for watching the race from the boat like the good old days. Oh well I guess be happy it’s even happening.

AZracefan

Reaction
I was wondering the same, on the BITD FIP #18 it says no spectating, however the local media says otherwise, requesting racers and fans to follow Covid Guidelines.