BWDC Questions

Jimmy8

Reaction
The official stance on spectating this race is we are not publicizing open spectating, but if people happen to show up to watch we don't have a problem with it.

bobylax

Reaction
So is Shea Road open to spectating or not?
It appears that Shea is open up to the Matterhorn, as long as you stay south of the road. No spectating along the gas line “Thunder Alley” section by cattle guard on Shea. It also appears that along the fence line that separates CRIT from State/BLM land at the cattle guard is slated for no spectating, but I will confirm with BITD officials, as that is our corner. I think if everyone behaves (please) that you might be able to watch from the East side of the fence on state land. I will let you know if I hear something different.

frozenh2o

Reaction
Any ideas on the conflicting info in the FIP about Grand Prix finish verses having to do all lap to be considered a finisher?

The BITD GP finish has not to my knowledge had a minimum number of laps requirement. But you need to get the checkered flag or it's a DNF. One racer could go two laps and break, that's a DNF. Another could go one lap (almost), wait on the course for the leader to pass on the final lap, then follow the winner across the finish line. He gets a finish even though he only completed one lap.