Bypasses or Bumpstops for mid travel

Mobbinking562

Which works better for moderate prerunning midtravel setup in front. Coilover with bypass or coilover with bumpstop? Thanks.

jon coleman

a 4 inch bs worked ok w smooth body, 10 inch travel, but Nuthin beats bypass.shox.when i stepped up, night& day difference,

619offroad

Honestly bump stops and limit straps save suspension components. I understand that the bypasses will help you control the c/o and give you added dampening and adjustment. You can always add a bypass later on. My personal opinion I would go with bump stops to help keep the shock, uni-balls/ misalignment from maxing out. I normally will leave about 3/16 of shock shaft showing when fully bumped. Hope this helps, good luck

Honestly bump stops and limit straps save suspension components. I understand that the bypasses will help you control the c/o and give you added dampening and adjustment. You can always add a bypass later on. My personal opinion I would go with bump stops to help keep the shock, uni-balls/ misalignment from maxing out. I normally will leave about 3/16 of shock shaft showing when fully bumped. Hope this helps, good luck
I agree with 619offroad; bump it and strap it, then put the fancy shocks on there when possible. Protect the setup first. Learned that lession the first time I destroyed a brand new coil over.

jon coleman

strap it, chain it, rope it, dooooo it, nothing funnier than coming home from glammis after Thanksgiving& seeing yanked apart shox dangling from under ....

Bert is my name

No such thing as " mid - travel".

You have wheel travel. Or you dont.

It's not cheaper to go "mid travel"

That's like saying that you only give your lady half of the dick.

It costs the same.

You bought the wrong parts.

Bert is my name

What exactly is mid travel?

6 inches?
10 inches?
14 inches?
36 inches?

A arm? I beam? Link pin?

Stock I beam ford can pull close to 16 inches when prepped right. To me mid travel means 8 inches.

jon coleman

at a hundred you Will eat it, i was going to lajolla one morning and saw a bmw a lot smaller way up on the embankment, at convoy, news that night said car was travaling over100, when lost control, no one made it