C-4 Bolt-on yoke

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I'm hoping someone here may be able to point me in the right direction. I purchased a C-4 transmission with the output shaft configured for a bolt- on yoke instead of the typical slip type set up. The problem is I assumed the transmission would be complete with the yoke, but it wasn't. And I can't seem to find one anywhere.
Does anyone have a contact number of a supplier or a transmission shop who you know has this in stock on a regular basis. I have contacted the dealer, and about every driveline and transmission shop in the San Diego aera with no luck. I talked to Culhane and they have been out of stock for the past few months, and the ones they did have they immediately used. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hoeker

Reaction
those are tough to find, i use that setup on my truck and my transmission shop has had parts, but i'm not sure how much they have left. give them a try monday and see what they have. JPT (jim's performance transmissions) 517-663-0578. they were closed all this week so get on the phone early (6-7am EST}or be patient.

if it helps i'm told that transmission setup was offered in an early 70's shorty van. maybe you will end up finding some available in junk yards. if so let me know, i may be interested in some more cores.

www.rosshoek.com

ntsqd

Reaction
Econoline vans pre '67 model year used that type of output. Might try a wrecker if it comes to that.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Thanks for the info, I'll give them a call.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Steve Culhane of Culhane's racing transmissions in Lake Elsinore sold me one for my c6. They might be the same part, even if they are not Steve is really helpfull and should know were to find one. Steve

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I Talked to Clayton at Culhane, and at the time he had a ton of the C-6 yokes, but nothing for the C-4. The person he gets the yokes from hasn't been to his shop in a while so his supply has dried up for the time being. I will second the fact both Steve and Clayton will bend over backwards to help a customer out.

billymanfroy

Reaction
When you say "bolt on", do you mean with some sort of flange arrangement on the tail housing, or just a yoke that bolts on to the center of the normal output shaft? We used to pull out yokes when we ran leafs and ended up drilling/tapping the tailshafts and drilling a hole through the normal yoke so we could bolt the yokes straight to them. The only drag is they leak if you don't go nutty with the silicone in the back of the yoke. Yes, people say don't put silicone in your trans, but it only takes shearing off a tailhousing once with a driveshaft that came out at 6000 rpm in 3rd before you realize it's worth it. Never had a problem since even with lots more travel.

Billy

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The yoke fits onto the splines, past the seal and is bolted onto the center of the output shaft

Attachments

• 60479-C-4.jpg
    60479-C-4.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 401

CAR568

Reaction
HI

I have the same setup on mine & I have a yoke I to would be very interested to know what it's off as I want to run larger 1350 series universals. It looks to have 1310's. If any body has a spare tailhousing & output shaft I would be interested in buying it.

Cheers

CAR568

Reaction
HI

I have the same setup on mine & I have a yoke I to would be very interested to know what it's off as I want to run larger 1350 series universals. It looks to have 1310's. If any body has a spare tailhousing & output shaft I would be interested in buying it.

Cheers

The answer is a 9" Yoke. I have upgraded mine to 1350 UNI's using a new 1350 9" Yoke fits straight in.

cedave

Reaction
CAR568,
Are you sure a Ford 9-inch yoke will work on the bolt-on yoke C4 trans.
If so, thats bitchen. I've been looking for a way to upgrade to the 1350 yokes for years. Thanks in advance if your right.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Get in touch with Culhane transmissions, he's producing a new bolt-on yoke tailshaft assembly for the C-4. It will allow use of a larger yoke than the 1350.

CAR568

Reaction
I am absolutely sure, I have been running mine for some time now and will be building a spare box soon with the same components.

Just to clarify they have to be 31 spline which luckily is the standard version and most common.

Culhane

Reaction
I'm hoping someone here may be able to point me in the right direction. I purchased a C-4 transmission with the output shaft configured for a bolt- on yoke instead of the typical slip type set up. The problem is I assumed the transmission would be complete with the yoke, but it wasn't. And I can't seem to find one anywhere.
Does anyone have a contact number of a supplier or a transmission shop who you know has this in stock on a regular basis. I have contacted the dealer, and about every driveline and transmission shop in the San Diego aera with no luck. I talked to Culhane and they have been out of stock for the past few months, and the ones they did have they immediately used. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We will soon have these available, I am in the process of having the bell housing and tail housings casted and they should be here in the next couple weeks. Give me a Call at 951-678-1669 if you are interested.