c-4 into ranger,problems?

singlehanded

Reaction
I saw a c-4 in the classifed and was wondering how hard it would be to put in my ranger, guys got everything to do it to an auto, but I have a manual what will I need to get to make it work? Also anybody out there got a c-4 in a daily driver, will I have overheating problems on the freeway in bumper to bumper traffic, my friends stang has one and he cant drive it in traffic(by the way it was in hot rods 55 year ann. issue out last month in the back 67 fastback 351w 600hp and 11.2's in quarter mile).
thanks

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
you need the right bellhousing, flywheel, spacer, torque converter and shifter...assuming you are going to use a manual valve body and have no use for kickdown linkage and other BS. You will need the transmission xmember and the Drive shafts. You will not have over heating problems if you run the right torque converter and put a cooler on it. Your friend obviously has a serious TC and thats why it overheats in traffic. You will want to run around a 3.73 to a 4.10 ratio depending on tire size. 3rd gear on a C4 is 1:1 so it would be like driving in 4th gear on your 5 spd.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

singlehanded

Reaction
It was already in a ranger same truck just mine is an manual and hes got the crossmember new 2 piece drive shaft new u joints carrier bearings and yolk. Yes it is a manual valvebody also. My truck has 4.56's and I will be running 35's sound alright or should I just switch my clutch and run the stock transmission. I think I would just need the shifter hes got everything else. What would you do, was thinking maybe this would be a better investment than spending $500 bucks for a centerforce clutch installed and still have my crappy stock trans.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

pciscott

Reaction
Your gears should be ok if you are running 35's. The transmission will eat up some of your horsepower, but it will be much better to drive in traffic. When I raced 7s I ran a Mogi C4 and never had a problem. Get a winters shifter, make sure you ask for the C4 shift gate and linkage. Sounds like you have almost everything to bolt it in, should be an easy swap. Good luck.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks for the info guys, I thinkthe c-4 will be the better way to go since I plan on racing mdr and buying a fullsize to tow it down the road.

singlehanded

Reaction
Who carries winters shifters? I checked a bunch of sites also mekenzies and orange county speed with no luck! phone number or website if anybody knows...
THANKS

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
(760) 723-2117 for Baja Concepts

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks

DMSRACE

Reaction
Kartek has the art car shifters instock...also I think Cmaburg has a line on them also..

909-737-7223

Racer

To live life half throttle would be a waste....

singlehanded

Reaction
got the trans today. and now I need a shifter, trans cooler and auto pedals assymble for a 94 ranger. Who has an art carr or a winters and how do you like it. Coolers gonna be from summit any suggestion on min. size? Anybody got stock pedal assymble if not I gonna make a trip to the junkyard which one should I call I live near all-ford in yorba linda but they always seem very high? thanks

hoeker

Reaction
tha art car chetah shifter is nice for street use vehicals. every body over here uses the winters for racing. they use many of the same parts, just a little different gate design. both are bullet proof. i like the winters linkage (at the trans) better.

don't skimp on the cooler. low cost tru-cool 12x12x11/2. 70 bucks each. high end fluidyne enduro cooler. 500 bucks with a fan. the setrab coolers are in the middle some where.

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

DMSRACE

Reaction
We run a Art Carr gated shifter and it rocks. I have one going in my pre-runner ranger. As far as the cooler, support off road and get it form Camburg, Kartek, Mckenzie's, or Race Ready. They have everything you can think off. My thoughs on the cooler are, the bigeer the better.

Support the sport!!!!

Kevin

Racer

To live life half throttle would be a waste....<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by DMSRACE on 01/12/03 09:30 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

hoeker

Reaction
re. "support off road"

definitly support the guys that make our sport what it is. if you race, buy from the contingency sponsors, if you don't, buy from anybody that supports, the series, a team, or the tracks. this way we all benefit.

{url]www.rosshoek.com[/url]

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

singlehanded

Reaction
Ya , he told me he has too much hp to drive in traffic it will overheat.He is doing a full layout shoot for carcraft this month.

drtdevil93

Reaction
nice, too bad theres not really any one in the scene willing to race him now. my buddy chris with the silver bug made the mistake of making his a little too fast, and now no one will race him. anyone wanna buy a drag bug?

erik

singlehanded

Reaction
I think he got a race last night for 4 bills 99 trans am with a 150 shot. The guys in outlaw car club. But havent heard it he actually ran.