c-4 swap

singlehanded

Alright got my manual trans out of my ranger and I was wondering if anybody knew what the torque was for the convertor(94 auto). We were doing 90 and broke a bolt in half ,so got to get new bolts and see what the torque specs are is there any ford site that has them?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I am not sure what the specs are but BE CAREFUL with the bell housing...they break if you tweak them at all when putting it in!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

singlehanded

some shots-old trans

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

singlehanded

new trans and driveshaft

singlehanded

more shots

singlehanded

cab look when finished

singlehanded

cooler w/10" fan. The motor is the stock 4.0, but I plan on having it rebuilt in the near future around 250+ hp.

hoeker

the converter bolts are 3/8" right??? have no idea on torque. snug with a 9/16" wrench is usually good. what is that- 25-30 ft-lbs? race converters are usually 7/16" bolts. maybe 35- 40 ft/lbs. i never get the torque wrench out under 50 ft/lbs or internal engine parts

i usually over torque the bell housing- tight with a long handle 3/8 " drive ratchet. probly 50-60 ft/lbs. never a problem, as long as everything else lines up right.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

singlehanded

I meant to say flex plate not convertor. I know to get the torque converter hand tight with a wrench. My buddy's a mechanic and he said its usually 80-115 lps for flex plate,but we werent sure. He going to look it up in a book monday at work and were going to use some new bolts should work.

hoeker

sounds about right for the flex plate. i usully ram em home with an impact, don't rattle the crap out of em, just nice and snug with the proper air tool.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

singlehanded

Ya, I think one of the bolts was just bad we torqed 2 bolts to 90 lbs then I broke the third off luckily we didnt have to drill it out just used some vice grips.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
I was told by my engine builder to torque the flexplate bolts to 85 ft lbs, he recommended using the ARP bolts only. You might want to see if ARP makes tthem for your application.

singlehanded

my friend looked up the specs today and its 60 ft lbs, ordered some new bolts from ford, not sure if arp makes them for a ranger but the factory ones should work fine.

singlehanded

some more shots:trans is in

singlehanded

shifter mounted

singlehanded

seat cut and made so no middle section(thanks mom for sewing it) so shifter will fit.

boltonbros

how much did a new c-4 with the manual valve body on it cost you?

Hang Loose

singlehanded

well I bought it in the classifieds on this site it had 200 miles on the new rebuild and it came with a new driveshaft and crossmember.paid a thousand...
but also spent $400 for shifter and trans. cooler and 180 for new deep pan and flexible dipstick+ I need to buy braided lines probably run 80 bucks.

singlehanded

I have almost got it together but I keep running into little problems that take a lot of time. Right now its bolted up, but havent bolted up th torqe convertor. I was changing the pan to a tci deeppan last night. I took off the filter to put the deep filter on and one spring with a little bolt like thing no threads that fits in the spring fell out from above any ideas?
help please wanna get it back on the street.