c-clip eliminator

singlehanded

Reaction
I am going to put 4.56 gear and a limited slip in my 8.8. My friend who drag races said that I might want a c-clip eliminator so that the wheel wont fly off if the axel breaks. Is this something that is good for off road trucks or just dragsters?

local

jeff

Reaction
Good... very good. The last thing you want is for the axle shaft and tire/wheel assembly to suddenly depart from the rest of the vehicle. The C-clip eliminator kit is a good idea for those going 150mph through the traps or 1mph over the rocks.

Aloha

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
I would assume the C-clip eliminator is usually part of the locker kit if your rear end requires one.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Self appointed King of ghetto fab</font color=yellow>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
The detroit locker for the 8.8 is made for teh C-clip

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

J_Dog

Reaction
Singlehanded,
I have a 7s Ford Ranger that has a 95 Ford Mustang 8.8 inch rearend (4.56 gears w/ mini spool) in it. It still has c-clips, also. i just got the truck last month and the previous owner did not have any problems with the c-clips, but they are a weak link in the system. Some people on this site recommended that Moser Engineering has a c-clip eliminator kit for that rearend ($140). There website is: www.moserengineering.com
Currie Enterprises may also carry the c-clip eliminator kit.

Jeff Matlock

DougM

Reaction
with Disc brakes you shouldn't loose the axle. This happens moreso on the drum braked rear ends. The 8.8 isnt easy to break. Now if it was a Dana 35 with 35" tires..hmmm

good luck on your decision.

singlehanded

Reaction
It has drum brakes, so I think I might want to get the kit for it thanks for all the info.

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Jdogg:

You need to bring that 7s out to the Nevada 1000.

Kris

singlehanded

Reaction
went over to currie this afternoon and they dont have one so I'll check that website.

local

J_Dog

Reaction
re: You need to bring that 7s out to the Nevada 1000.

Kritter,
Would love to bring the truck out, but probably just going to race the three short course races in VORRA at the end of their season this year. We still need to get more people to help pit and things like that for the desert. Also, just bought the truck and don't want to upset the wives to much with spending all kinds of money on entry fees. Gotta keep the wives somewhat happy so they let us keep racing !!! Who puts on the Nevada 1000, is it BITD?

Jeff Matlock

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
BITD. THe wives need to be part of the sponsorship of the truck. Get a "Thanks to the Wives" sticker and that will keep them happy....for a while.

Kris

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Ask the wife to drive thru contingency, she will love the attention and tolerate the race car.