c4 problem

singlehanded

I am not getting third gear it is just reving up(when on gas-feels like nuetrtal when not on gas) and not engaging, when shifting from 1st to second to third. All other gears work fine an the linkage seems to be lined up. But I can start out in third and shift back to second? any ideas.....

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

billymanfroy

We've been having a similar problem. Last year I put in a new transmission and towed all the way to Lovelock (I think it's where they filmed "Children of the Corn"), did a jetting run, and found out we didn't have 3rd. It wasn't free-revving though, it just never came out of 2nd. No matter where I put the shifter, we had 1st, 2nd, 2nd and then neutral. Reverse, too. I had the guy build another whole trans, and he put in a new valve body. I won't test it until 1-2 weeks from now, so I can't say for sure what happened or if it's fixed.

I would be willing to bet that it's your valve body. There's a million different combos depending on the year, and then throw in the C5's and it's nearly impossible to determine which one is the right one by looking.

Perhaps someone here knows what's up. Please let us know if you get it figured out.

Billy

singlehanded

going to call steve culhane and ask him if he has any idea since he seems to be the man.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

singlehanded

Planning on having it towed to steve culhanes shop tomarrow and gettting everything squared away the right way. Not sure if the trans was just a piece of junk or if 3rd was already burned out.