C4 transmission help wont go forward in ground

F.A.S.T.clothing

RDC Crypto
Trans was originally built by juanco has culhane bellhousing and flexplate, tcs torque converter , believe art Carr valve body. Got all new clutches and all that stuff. Juan had put a used art Carr pan on it with aftermarket filter. Before truck was driven for first time we put a new trick flow pan on it. Look same but didnt notice the recessed part in art Carr. I kept the aftermarket filter on it.

Its a stock 4.0 sohc with juanco tune that didnt take. We grades the truck for 50 miles in barstow. Went to hdra race were really first time it was constantly driven hard. Finished first day on second day lost forward gears.

Race day trans was not getting circulated fluid do to the filter pressed against bottom of pan and planetary gears spun.

When we pulled trans apart we notice that this trans had been rebuilt lots of times which worried my builder. Most of the clutches were fine just little heat marks, but we notice one drum had gruves in it so we got one of those along with a planetary, stock input shaft, and all new clutches, steels, and gasket kit from CA transmission .

I took the billet shaft I had to a trans shop and was told it was damage. A nipple had formed on end of it due to it hitting output shaft. He said stock was rated for 500 hp and we only have like 200 so we put stock one instead of the billet we had.

Got it all back together new fresh fluid. At same time computer got the new better tune. We saw difference immediately .

So with truck on jacks we put it in different gears and got air out of system.

Sunday night pulled it out of garage and turned on street was going about 2k rpms to start. As soon As I increase gas to shift fluid came gushing out and could not go forward.

It was coming from front of case behind bell so we thought pump gasket.

Pulled trans and sure enough new pump gasket tore the reason was the threads on one of the front case bolts gave way and the bolt came out just by pulling on it with finger. So I bought a better gasket and we heli coil all bolt holes to prevent that. Reinstall last night and would not go forward when truck was put on ground.

My neighbor was given wrong info on belt adjustment from very beginning by tci so that means it was turn 3 turns when I first pulled truck out after we got back together. Yesterday culhane said should be 1.5 turns for coarse which it now has.

The truck goes into gears and wheel spins when on jacks but as soon as it is put on ground nothing. Only reverse.

They think I broke something when it burned out on street. Dad says not going out this weekend since not simple fix. Plan was to go to pc for bday to test for next race and meet shock and engine tuner.

Anyone have any ideas. Called mogi but not answering, cant reach juanco

Trans is still in truck there going to pull it again and completely tear apart

Sent from my R800at using Tapatalk

F.A.S.T.clothing

RDC Crypto
Got more info. They think maybe pump not producing enough pressure to operate trans, or sEric that controls band not working.

After he put new gasket on and fluid back in. He said tire spun a little when put in gear on stands..gave it gas and they started to spin. Once he put on ground nothing but reverse. Now back on stands it does nothing but reverse.

racer56

RDC Crypto
Take the trans to Culhane and be done with it. You will never have to worry about it again.

F.A.S.T.clothing

RDC Crypto
The truck is all the way in Az and im in of requires me driving to AZ bringing back to lake els then going back to AZ ..looking for a possibility to check when my team pulls it apart. There are trans shops that are local, but my guy has done lots of trans and is good as they are. If we cant fix.or get same issue then ill pick up another non.race used case and have culhane build up. But.right now need help to diagnose to try and still make this weekend happen

Justin

RDC Crypto
Id say save the headache and money of trying to scramble to get it going, only to break again. If you can only test 2 miles is it really worth it? Take the thing to Steve Culhane so you can race without the worry of your transmission.

FRIZZLEFRY

RDC Crypto
With the truck on the ground if you can drive in reverse only with no forward,a very good possibility is the splines in the planetary and/or output are stripped or broken.I have had that happen to me twice.

Wahl_7s

RDC Crypto
is it a culhane flexplate for sure when i built my 7s i got a flex plate that was supposed to be but wasn't and it was wrong when i put the truck on the ground and drove it the bad flex plate pulled the torque converter out of the front pump so make sure the flexplate is correct.mine is a TCS flexplate. i broke two input shafts w/4.0 SOHC get a new 300M input and run it

pgarfinkle

RDC Crypto
There is a spacer that goes between the block and the flex plate to set the depth correctly. You might want to make sure that is right.

randy s

RDC Crypto
factory transmission in santee ca. can help you. first rate service from folks who race themselves.

F.A.S.T.clothing

RDC Crypto
time for carnage

Redline At Stateline, trans filter mix up burned up, planetary gears ground off
100_1130.jpg

After Redline, motor gets new tune, get new gaskets/clutches/steels and a used forward drum, planetary gear, and input shaft.
soon as take it on street pump gasket tore due to stripped bolts in case and drum broke.
100_1135.jpg

100_1137.jpg

the new solid drum by dynamic next to stock... DONT BUY FROM MIKES TRANS they are theif and sent a chipped up product and cost 100 more then the dyanmic one. still have not got refund
100_1136.jpg

100_1138.jpg

6 alto reds in a 5 clutch forward drum
100_1139.jpg

Imperial 250, heli coiled all case bolts, put all new bushings and upgraded to the c6 babit, all new sealing kit, alto reds in the forward drum with an upgraded solid drum and a 6 clutch kit, direct drum got borg warner gears and 5 clutch kit, all new thrust washers. Only thing we didnt get to use was the vasco 300m shaft i order because i was sent two 24 spline drums when i wanted 26 spline. So i used the stock one i bought before along with the planetary.
100_1131.jpg

100_1132.jpg

100_1133.jpg

another damage was the driver rear rim on lap 1, not sure how long i rode on the flat, but probably through most of gypsum. rim broke like a mile from start finish
100_1141.jpg

100_1140.jpg

100_1142.jpg

100_1143.jpg

100_1144.jpg

100_1145.jpg

100_1146.jpg

100_1147.jpg

going to put moogs in and get new adjusters and weld them in
100_1148.jpg